Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

So I'm looking to make a new ally deck for some post-scars standard. The base colour has to be White, since all the best allies (Freeblade/Blademaster/Evangel/Paladin) are in that colour. The card I really want to try out in the deck is Genesis Wave, since putting multiple allies into play at the same time would be quite degenerate. This means the second colour needs to be green, and fortunately it also provides the awesome ally mana guy Harabaz Druid (Plus it means I can play Survivalist, giving me another two-drop). 

The only question is which third colour to take with these two, as I have space for two more allies in the deck. All three other colours have their charms, and they all have both a two-drop ally and a high-end ally with a useful ability. Red has the super-aggressive Akoum Battlesinger and the amazing but expensive Kazuul Warlord. Black has Bojuka Brigand - who is basically Survivalists 5-8 - and Bala Ged Thief, who helps out against control decks and when coming in off a Wave will basically take your opponent's hand. Blue has two copy effects - Jwari Shapeshifter who gives you a second copy of your best man, but doesn't do anything by himself, and Clone, which can be a Jwari Shapeshifter but can also copy your opponent's Wurmcoil Engine or Frost Titan.

Thses three options are too hard to decide between, so I'm putting it out there and asking for some advice. Which makes the best option? Should I just man up and play four (or even five) colours? Am I missing something obvious that would make the deck better?

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Creatures
4 x [card]Hada Freeblade[/card]
4 x [card]Kazandu Blademaster[/card]
4 x [card]Kabira Evangel[/card]
4 x [card]Ondu Cleric[/card]
4 x [card]Akoum Battlemaster[/card]
3 x [card]Jwari Shapeshifter[/card]
3 x [card]Talus Paladin[/card]

Spells
4 x [card]Preordain[/card]
4 x [card]Spell Pierce[/card]
1 x [card]Unified Will[/card]
2 x [card]Lightning Bolt[/card]

Land
4 x [card]Plains[/card]
2 x [card]Glacial Fortress[/card]
4 x [card]Seachrome Coast[/card]
1 x [card]Celestial Colonnade[/card]
2 x [card]Mountain[/card]
2 x [card]Island[/card]
4 x [card]Scalding Tarn[/card]
4 x [card]Arid Mesa[/card]

Sideboard
1 x [card]Emerged Unscathed[/card]
1 x [card]Talus Paladin[/card]
2 x [card]Unified Will[/card]
4 x [card]Arc Trail[/card]
1 x [card]Lightning Bolt[/card]
3 x [card]Mark of Mutiny[/card]
3 x [card]Tuktuk Scrapper[/card]

I've toyed with playing Scrapper maindeck, which works well against Caw Balde/Tezzeret decks.  Took out the Ondo Clerics to do so.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service