Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

Can anyone lend me:

4 figure of destiny

2 goblin guide

2 arid mesa

1 ranger of eos

1 hero of oxid ridge

For the PTQ on saturday? Also, is anyone else actually going to this?

Charlie

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you do just say words sometimes don't you.

Dan Barrett said:

Depends what the two cards are Mills.

And time consuming still Gary, because you wouldn't know where everything is, and everything needs to go back in it's proper place afterwards.

2 Jace TMS

Dan Barrett said:

Depends what the two cards are Mills.

And time consuming still Gary, because you wouldn't know where everything is, and everything needs to go back in it's proper place afterwards.

Sorry I can't help with those James, using mine!
You can't use Jace in a deck - only good players are allowed to use Jace!
You had better not use them either then.
Shut it Kiwi!

Gary Lynch said:
You had better not use them either then.

Except that all of us have things to do other than go to each others' houses to pick and and drop off cards.

Don't you change the list when people lend you a whole deck? I don't list cards because I think anyone will do anything malicious, I do it because then there's no chance of any ambiguity.

Getting cards to the right place at the right time is easily the worst part of magic. It's so time consuming.

There are definitely times when the cost of just buying commons/uncs from a dealer at an event is cheaper than spending the time looking for them in a cupboard at home.

:)

Gary Lynch said:

Actually he isn't making good points as if you lend someone a whole deck you don't need to write it down. Not like they are gonna get confused and give it to the wrong person.
Also not difficult to be at home either as you live there. The person borrowing the cards will come whenever you tell them to.
Dan you seem to have got confused somewhere. What I'm sating is that if someone really wants to borrow cards they could go to the persons house to pick them up. I have done this several times. As for changing the list I would problt get what I needed from the person who has the while deck and if I changed anything it would get put back.
Its not relevant anyway cause when you ask someone you know has all the cards to make the deck they just make excuses anyway. I wouldn't mind if they didn't spend so much time marketing themselves as a nice friendly guy
So if I don't have time to lend cards out I'm an asshole now, oh great!
I dont see how much time it takes to be at home and let somone come to your house and you sit and do nothing while they search for the cards they need.
Depends, if you work full time then there is a small window to be in a house, and that is often time spent cooking, eating, cleaning and sleeping. It also helps if cards are organised; I have only just organised a small part of my collection (mainly cards leftover from drafts, and I haven't been to many drafts in the last 8 or so months) and that took me over a day just to organise. The size of the collection would also affect the time required to find certain cards; one person not knowing the organisation (if any) of some cards, when given, say, 20 shoeboxes full, would have some trouble finding the one or two cards they need. Its not always going to be something that is going to take 5 minutes.
dan can no longer satisfy my deck-borrowing needs as he doesn't have enough foils

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service