Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

Hi guys,

At The Games Club we're going to run a Commander Tournament to give away a Commander's Arsenal and some special other stuff as well as have a lot of fun. Please read all the gumpf here:
http://forum.magicmadhouse.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=212

Hope to see you there!

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brave.

Would love to but it's monopoly board pub crawl time

This, also I hate Commander.

+1 Baker.

Glenn Goldsworthy said:

Would love to but it's monopoly board pub crawl time

I'm all for it, or at least trying it, it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Of course I immediately started spiking it up ("hmm seems like I need to put one or two really weird cards in my deck which many of my tutors can get to for the unusual card bonus", "hmm surviving is more important than winning but is there really a better way to survive than to just combo out my opponents?", etc.) but I think the rules are complex enough that it's too hard to work out the actual best strategy with any sense of finality.  My gut feel is that the best plan is probably just try to win in the most merciless combo-ing out way possible and not worry about the bonus points too much.

Trying to work out the best strategy actually gave me the same feeling that Commander game states give me.  "There is literally no way I can pick the optimal path here, what a ridiculous amount of complexity - I think I'll go play an actual game."

Good luck, though!  I demand a tournament report from someone!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service