Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

Demonic Tutor Constructed Leagues do not take place at set times. Instead they are played whenever two players from the league can get together. They are slightly formalized versions of casual games with a bit more at stake (Boosters! Honor! Glory! Your name in lights!)

Here are the rules for Season Two which will be in the Legacy format ...

- Decklists must be registered with bakert@gmail.com by Friday 11th Septmber 2009. All normal rules apply about deck sizes, etc.
- Matches are untimed.
- You may play any other player in the league at any time.
- You may only play any given player in the league once.
- Match results must be reported to bakert@gmail.com
- Matches up to and including Friday 5th October count for points. The league will then end and a winner will be declared.
- Matches may be played on MTGO or MWS if both participants agree.
- Any number of proxies are allowed. They must be full-size versions of the cards not simply names or altered basic lands. They can be color or black and white. (If you don't have access to a printer and need some proxies let me know.)
- 3 points will be awarded for a win.
- In the event of a tie on points the player who has played more matches will appear higher in the standings, to encourage maximum participation. After that the split will be on "games won" (not goal difference).
- Entry fee is a single booster pack. Prizes will be given out as follows:
- 1st place: Half of all booster entry fees, rounded up.
- 2nd place: Two thirds of the remaining boosters, rounded down.
- 3rd place: All remaining boosters.
- Wizards Play Network promos will be awarded for 1 "WPN point" where each match played gains 0.1 points and each match won gains 0.1 points for a maximum of 0.2 per match.

Example prizes:

With 4 entrants -
1st ... 2 boosters
2nd ... 1 booster
3rd ... 1 booster

With 10 entrants -
1st ... 5 boosters
2nd ... 3 boosters
3rd ... 2 boosters

With 23 entrants -
1st ... 12 boosters
2nd ... 7 boosters
3rd ... 4 boosters

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Never played this format before, should be interesting.
I'm in.
No worries - I assumed after they stopped laughing at your passport they let you through.

Bonza!

Jake Woolrich said:
I'm going to fucking crush you Mills.

P.S Thanks for the text. I didn't have any credit to apply.
These people want to play but prob haven't seen the prompt for decklist - can you send them an email Tom?

Jason Howlett
Simon O'Keefe
Nathan Gotlib
Tom Reeve

Thanks!

Amar
Tom Reeve is entered. I've mailed the others. I will postpone the start until Monday in order to pick up stragglers at FNM and over the weekend I think.
Can we still play league games tomorrow?

Thomas David Baker said:
Tom Reeve is entered. I've mailed the others. I will postpone the start until Monday in order to pick up stragglers at FNM and over the weekend I think.
Simon has been on holiday, I think they got back last night.
James Mills said:
Can we still play league games tomorrow?

Sure, but I won't put the decklists up here until Monday so you might want to keep yours secret from those that might enter and haven't yet in case they include savage sideboard tech against you.
i will be on the scout at fnm for your decks so i can update my savage sideboard!! mwhahahahahah!!!
Amar, why you gotta be like dat?

Amar Dattani said:
i will be on the scout at fnm for your decks so i can update my savage sideboard!! mwhahahahahah!!!
cos im evil...

nah dont worry i will be submitting my list to tom tonight. we can play a league match tomorrow if you want?
od course, should be fun!

Amar Dattani said:
cos im evil...

nah dont worry i will be submitting my list to tom tonight. we can play a league match tomorrow if you want?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service