Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

So the final idea is everyone submit the following amounts of cards to sim.okeeffe@gmail.com, he will then print them out, we should all probably contribute towards sleeving the beast.

6 cards of each colour
5 multicoloured cards (inc hybrids)
5 artifacts
5 lands
1 wildcard

I would also like idea's at to the best way to evolve the cube?

Views: 450

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm always up for some more cubing, and keeping stats obviously appeals to my analytical side!

I'm not sure about building our own cube (unless you are referring to self designed cards), as I think that could get very awkward regarding ownership and value of cards contributed.

As for dates, I'm free the weekend of the 23rd Feb and the 9th March in the next month.

One weeknight a month is certainly doable to, although I think that might be a bit harder to get everyone organised for.

I'm also pretty much always up for cubing! 

I was thinking of a comunity cube, the only way it would ever have any value in it would be if someone wanted to spend anything on it, I would maybe put about £3 worth of cards in, but was more thinking of a constantly evolving cube would be interesting.

Simon O'Keeffe said:

I'm always up for some more cubing, and keeping stats obviously appeals to my analytical side!

I'm not sure about building our own cube (unless you are referring to self designed cards), as I think that could get very awkward regarding ownership and value of cards contributed.

As for dates, I'm free the weekend of the 23rd Feb and the 9th March in the next month.

One weeknight a month is certainly doable to, although I think that might be a bit harder to get everyone organised for.

A Saturday when TGC is on anyways seems good, that way you're guaranteed to see us all regularly.

We can play with a  different cube each time to mix things up a bit? You're more than welcome to use mine for this sometime.

the issue with the tcg idea is that people will want to play the event which I am fine with

Dan Barrett said:

A Saturday when TGC is on anyways seems good, that way you're guaranteed to see us all regularly.

We can play with a  different cube each time to mix things up a bit? You're more than welcome to use mine for this sometime.

There would be something quite fun about running some kind of voting on here for what goes in the cube / what changes to make with each set / etc.  Voting for Dark Confidant over Carnophage, or to remove Maelstrom Pulse for Abrupt Decay, etc.

I hate to sound like a broken record but we could make it with proxies to avoid any ownership/money issues.

"Cube League" sounds pretty cool to me.  (Although I am in the US for 97 days starting next week if I don't die of kidney failure.)

We could just run the cube league in quarterly seasons, or with a ranking system, so it won't penalise absenteeism too much.

I do like the idea of getting more cube in. The NOBs cube weeks we do are always massively popular even when we pay the full draft price to play.

Evolving the cube over the weeks definitely sounds like a good idea - maybe instead of a prize for the winner, the loser could be made to put in some new cards for the cube (or cash to buy them) up to a certain price - or have every player contribute on a sliding scale? The cube could be started out with people just giving up a bunch of cheap cards and then contirbute more as things go on, or even start all proxied and convert over time?

Regardless, I'm definitely up for playing!

I think one fun aspect will be the you-make-the-cube votes on DT to start it off and change it over time.

I see us starting with a 360 (540?  720?) card skeleton and the cube comparison list from eidolon on mtgs ( http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=271371 ) and voting for the slots by creature or not/color/cmc.  That sounds like a fun exercise that gets us to a starting cube.

Then after every session any player (participant or not) can suggest a card swap and if it gets more than 50% approval it then happens.  (Where there are conflicting suggestions the one with the highest approval % gets in).

This might strike others as a bunch of unnecessary bookkeeping but it sounds like fun to me!  What do you think?

Example Vote.  W 1-drop creature.  Pick your top 5.

Akrasan Squire
Burrenton Forge-Tender
Elite Vanguard
Gideon's Lawkeeper
Goldmeadow Harrier
Icatian Javelineers
Isamaru, Hound of Konda
Kor Duelist
Loam Lion
Mother of Runes
Perimeter Captain
Savannah Lions
Steppe Lynx
Student of Warfare
Weathered Wayfarer

That kind of thing.

Once I'm back from uni (start of march) im up for cube shenanigans, involving either my cube or a proxied one of various build up. Although as a rule, the MTGS cube forum is full of people with..... interesting opinions, so I wouldnt put too much stead on the cube comparison list thread

My votes:

3. Gideon's Lawkeeper
2. Isamaru, Hound of Konda
1. Mother of Runes
5. Perimeter Captain
4. Student of Warfare

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service