Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

On the plane of ~, mana is split into 5 factions, one of each colour. Mages of each faction have started to secretly delve into enemy coloured magic, unknown to the rest of their faction.

White cards will either be mono white, white with bonuses for the enemy coloured magic(enemy colour cycling, kicker, flashback, affinity for enemy coloured lands), or not even white at all, depending on how much they have taken on their enemy coloured magic. The same is true for the other colours.

301 card set.

Need ideas for cards, or even just concept/flavour :D

If I ever manage to finish it without getting bored, I could print it out and we could draft it if anyone is interested :D

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

all of the rares are a massive gap, theres only a few cycles done

Nicolo Graziano said:
What gaps do you have? I'm sure I could post some rares when I know what you need.

Amidu said:
I already have most of the set done, i just need a few rares.

Nicolo Graziano said:
Oh.. and and idea that I think shows off the monocolour using enemy colours for more power:

1R
Instant
Target creature gets +3/+0 until end of turn. If W or U was spent to play ~, that creature gains flying until end of turn.

This could easily be made into a cycle, and should make for good cards for limited play.
Ok, here are a bunch of cards. Some of them fit the theme as I see it (I'm still unsure on what you want...going with enemy colour activations and such), some of them are just generic rares. Change the name/types to your liking.

Cerebrum Extirpation 1B
Sorcery
Name a nonland card. Target player reveals his or her hand. If the named card is revealed, search that player's graveyard, hand, and library for all cards with that name and remove them from the game. Then that player shuffles his or her library.

Luna Sensil 4U
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
XUU: Reveal the top X cards of your library. Put a 3/1 red elemental creature token with haste into play for each red card card revealed this way, then put one card on the top of your library and the rest on the bottom in any order.
2/5

Capital Punishment 2W
Enchantment
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature can't attack or block, and its activated abilities can't be played.
2BB, Return ~ to its owner’s hand: Destroy enchanted creature.

Something Dragon 4RR
Creature - Dragon
Flying
WU: ~ gains Lifelink and "Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card." until end of turn. Play this ability only once each turn.
5/5

Something Demon 4BB
Creature - Demon
Flying
WG: ~ gets +3/+3 until end of turn.
5/4

(I'm sure you can finish this cycle...)

Dark Druid 2G
Creature - Human Druid
B: Put a +1/+1 counter on ~. You lose life equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on ~.
3/3

Stone of Understanding 1
Artifact
When ~ comes into play, name a card.
The named card costs 2 less to play.

Given the amount of activated abilities:

2WW
(Legendary?) Creature - Human Cleric
Activated abilities can’t be played unless they're mana abilities.
3/3

Sluggish Behemoth 3GG
Trample
Creatures blocking ~ have double strike.
8/8
Ive got 5 more rares to go, and then i need names for 5 legends and 5 planeswalkers, one from each colour :)
Nicolo - I love Dark Druid! And the Stone and Sluggish Behemoth are really good too. You've done this before :)

I had a look at Rob's very-nearly-finished list last night (pending changing it all in playtesting I'm sure :) ) and it is looking good. Hopefully we can get some proxies printed and have a test run with it soon.
Glad you like them, I used to do this lots over at mtgsalvation!

What colour rares are you missing? Did you end up using any of my cards? Looking forward to seeing the set.
Rob and I Winston Drafted 6 random boosters from the set twice this evening. An early win for my consistent BR deck was not the sign of things to come as he fairly demolished me after that for a 1-4 result. Getting the hint I drafted enemy colors in the second draft but lost 0-2.

I thought that the return target creature card from graveyard to play with Affinity for Swamps was a super broken Rare but it sat in my hand with no targets as we raced, twice. Meanwhile Rob proved that Devotee of Knowledge (draw X cards where X is Islands - Non-Islands you control) is basically too good if you have it in your opening hand along with a looter.

Much joy was had (for Rob) with the Agony Warp on a stick (Flesh Fiend?) And some of the vaguely vanilla guys like 4/4 Haste Raging Dwarf even had their moment in the sun. The Corruption Mechanic made a 2/1 a must-kill and allowed me to celebrate topdecking a Swamp by killing two guys. And working out which basic land to play on early turns based on the current contents of your hands was interesting.

Sakura Tribe-Elder with potential Fulminator Mage capabilities found himself countered the one time he was going to blow up a land. And despite drafting him both times I never once saw my 5/5 flier for 4 in my hand.

It actually worked way better than I thought it would for a first run through although I'm sure there's stuff that needs refining. We will try an 8-man draft if we can assemble enough peeps, perhaps next weekend?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service