Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

Hi all - Just some last minute information for this weekend's Honolulu PTQ.

We've heard some concerns on the price and we do apologise, but we're expecting this to be a huge event and venue, tables and chairs for 140 in the centre of London doesn't come too easily. We hope you understand and can enjoy the event none-the-less.

Event Details

Format: Innistrad Sealed Deck with Booster Draft top 8.

Price: £30 and includes a two booster prize pool.

Prizes: Prizes will be awarded based on standings in the sealed and the top 8 will go onto a free booster draft to determine who wins the event. Wizards of the Coast will provide the winner of the event with a flight to the Pro Tour event in Honolulu!

Event Timings

Schedule
10:00 Doors open for registration
11:30 Tournament begins
Approx 7:00pm End of sealed event
Approx 7:15pm Start of Booster draft for top 8, casual play available for others
Approx 11pm End of Booster draft

Side Events

Innistrad booster drafts and Marcadian Masques block drafts will be available as side events.

Singles

Both magic Madhouse and Alan Harper will be selling singles at the PTQ.

Food and Drink

Soft drinks and snacks will all be available throughout the day. Alcoholic beverages will also be available but on a token system (people will have the opportunity to buy up to 3 tokens during registration which can then be exchanged for an alcoholic beverage any time before 8pm, suitable proof of age ID will be required in all cases).

Card Machine

Please note we will not have a card machine on premises so please bring sufficient cash with you.

The event will be held at the School Hall of the London Nautical School, a few minutes walk from Waterloo station and the Dark Sphere shop:

View Larger Map
The Main Hall
London Nautical School
61 Stamford Street
London
SE1 9NA
This information is directly from http://www.darksphere.co.uk/PTQ.php?PHPSESSID=9gkcgp8vjk4afnhqa9vd2... and you can also head there to reserve your space.
Please make sure you bring your DCI number with you, as always.
Thanks all!

Views: 653

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hawaii here I come!
NO chance! :p

Ben Titmarsh said:
Hawaii here I come!

That is correct Amar. You have no chance of winning.

(My money would be on someone obvious, like Stephen Murray or Marco OJ, taking this down)

We can now also add a ZEN ZEN WWK booster draft to the side events. Likely to be £15, including one ZEN booster prize pool.

Sleeves and other misc. product are available, but sleeves themselves are in low supply. All manufacturers are reporting zero stock, so be careful not to strand yourself with no sleeves or having to desleeve your other decks.

If there are any issues you can email contact@darksphere.co.uk, or add 'Darksphere London' as a friend on facebook, where I (Mark Gunther) am available during weekdays 09.30 to 17.30.

If only it wasn't the same weekend as a Euro GP :(
Should be there, will open crap, build poorly and then complain to any and all who will listen!
Cant make it :(
what's with the decision to limit people to 3 drinks? getting fucked up is the only way to play sealed!

The three ticket limit is imposed by the venue, and we fought hard to even get that many! We hope that it's satisfactory. We're offering a range of Beers, WKD Blue and Kopparberg. 

We will also be selling soft drinks (hot and cold), sandwiches and confectionary.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Out of your hands, but does risk people leaving to drink elsewhere/sneak it in though I guess?
i for one am going to be smuggling in at least 6 litres of white ace

Wow, you ARE posh - i was thinking of getting the MD 20/20 in - love the Mad Dog!

Philip Dickinson said:

i for one am going to be smuggling in at least 6 litres of white ace

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service