Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

So I wake up to find the latest pairings include two English players at 5-0 paired in Round 6.

National Champion Dan Gardner versus Eternal Champion Steve Bernstein.

Epic battle.

Who else is there that we know?

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

go go gogogogoooooo
Nice one Steve, take em down with the power of bling ;)
Go Steve!! Where are you guys following the coverage?
All foil now is it?

How can you lose!!!
Steve is now 10-2 I think, 12th.

Also I believe a shout out is due to Wei, I think that's him on 9-3 in 38th place?

I'm following on official coverage, but will ask tim to provide more on Twitter

Ben Titmarsh said:
I can't see the rankings on there... linkage?

EDIT: Got it

Dan Barrett said:
Steve is now 10-2 I think, 12th.
Also I believe a shout out is due to Wei, I think that's him on 9-3 in 38th place?
I'm following on official coverage, but will ask tim to provide more on Twitter

Ben Titmarsh said:
Returning to action at a startlingly early 8am on Sunday morning were the valiant 200+ players who had made the cut to the second day of this, the biggest Standard tournament of all time. The move to Summer Time (the clocks moved forward an hour during the night, so 2am became 3am and everybody got an hour less sleep than they should have done) didn’t seem to have slowed our players down and many of the matches were finished in short order. On table two the English player Steve Bernstein narrowly avoided being dropped from the tournament entirely for arriving late for the player meeting - despite the many warnings that the clocks were going to change. Luckily for Steve he recovered to wrap up a win over Geert Bosch to move onto a 10-0 record.
Hahaha, awesome. Steve is currently 12-2 and 7th place with 2 rounds to go. Will the top 8 be broadcast live?

Dan Barrett said:
Returning to action at a startlingly early 8am on Sunday morning were the valiant 200+ players who had made the cut to the second day of this, the biggest Standard tournament of all time. The move to Summer Time (the clocks moved forward an hour during the night, so 2am became 3am and everybody got an hour less sleep than they should have done) didn’t seem to have slowed our players down and many of the matches were finished in short order. On table two the English player Steve Bernstein narrowly avoided being dropped from the tournament entirely for arriving late for the player meeting - despite the many warnings that the clocks were going to change. Luckily for Steve he recovered to wrap up a win over Geert Bosch to move onto a 10-0 record.
12-2 with two rounds to go - lost to the bloody draft ally deck though!!

4th in the standing about to play a French guy called frank! Win and in!!!
Looking at the current top 8, only one player's tiebreakers are even close to Steves:

1 Gregoir, Christophe [BEL] 36 70.73%
2 Cipolleschi, Francesco [ITA] 36 69.25%
3 Nagy, Tamas [HUN] 36 68.36%
4 Giusti, Emanuele [ITA] 36 64.95%
5 Szoke, Zoltan [HUN] 36 64.51%
6 Godineau, Manuel [FRA] 34 66.92%
7 Bernstein, Steve [ENG] 33 76.66%
8 Seibold, Christian [DEU] 33 75.02%
Stay on target!
Get there!

And when you play in the top 8, PLEASE ask your opponents if they have any trades so it goes in the coverage!!!!

stevie_b said:
12-2 with two rounds to go - lost to the bloody draft ally deck though!!

4th in the standing about to play a French guy called frank! Win and in!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service