Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

So I wake up to find the latest pairings include two English players at 5-0 paired in Round 6.

National Champion Dan Gardner versus Eternal Champion Steve Bernstein.

Epic battle.

Who else is there that we know?

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yea, seems a bit fishy to me... also did you listen to his "Best of British" podcast on the official site? Not sure if there was any mention in that.

Contacts - i put Ben in touch with the guys from Mananation, mtgmetagame, and a couple of other places recently. I'll ask around on twitter see who wants your report. ;)

stevie_b said:
Yeah, whatever. I guess that "mother of all" computer problems only lasted long enough for the semis cos he managed to cover the final with the same computer and that report didn't go amiss. 

Good detective work dan - about the report I was just gonna publish it here but what contacts do u have?

This is such a pile of crap! I wanted moar Steve and was let down.

If Rich reads this I want him to know that Steve not being covered just made a mockery of the whole T8 reporting.

All of the Quarters should have been reported on.

Dan Barrett said:

"You're right of course that Steve had an awesome weekend. It's generally much harder to cover someone 'unknown', especially when there aren't enough bodies to go around ie four quarter finals. Second time around, he's much more likely to be featured, because there's a storyline already in place ie Brit trying for his second GP Top 8 of the season. We were actively watching players like Richard Bland for that reason.

In this article, I wasn't attempting any comment on the event - I don't mention Nakamura, Nassif etc - it was simply a reflection of what actually went up.

Oh, and finally - or should that be 'semi-finally' - I covered Steve v Giusti in the semis, and proceeded to have the mother of all computer meltdowns, meaning the report was lost, which explains why that spotlight never got turned on.

R."
Got a bite from Trick Jarrett of Mananation.com:

"@dangerawesome - I'd love it"

Shout when you're done and i'll give you his email.
stevie_b said:
Yeah, whatever. I guess that "mother of all" computer problems only lasted long enough for the semis cos he managed to cover the final with the same computer and that report didn't go amiss. 

'Computer problem' is a bit vague - I'm sure its easy to have one file corrupt and not another. Although he said 'meltdown' so I would hazard a guess to say something broke half way through, required a restart to fix (most big problems fix themselves after a restart) and by that time it was half way through the match (or further).

You know what they say, "Cock-up before conspiracy".
Okay, you got choices now, everyone wants a piece!

Mananation - articles [AT] mananation.com

Quiet Speculation - kellyreid [AT] gmail.com

Stakington Post - billtriesagain [AT] hotmail.com

Dan Barrett said:
Got a bite from Trick Jarrett of Mananation.com:

"@dangerawesome - I'd love it"

Shout when you're done and i'll give you his email.
Wow good contacts dan - was gonna post here but seems like a wasted opportunity not to write on these. Any ideas which is best or highest bidder? :)
I believe Mananation offer some small amount of store credit for published articles.

Also they get a lot more hits on their website (more people reading your article, which i think would be what is most important?) and replied first, but up to you.

stevie_b said:
Wow good contacts dan - was gonna post here but seems like a wasted opportunity not to write on these. Any ideas which is best or highest bidder? :)
you should also post here - with your *special* report. inclusive of comments about how crap your opponents were etc and anything not fit for a mainstream article...

stevie_b said:
WOW. Steve the GP top 8 player, writer and lets not forget Zendikar Game Day champion.
*and* he came 18th a Nationals! :)

Gary Lynch said:
WOW. Steve the GP top 8 player, writer and lets not forget Zendikar Game Day champion.
I think you mean 17th two years running!? :P

Amar Dattani said:

Gary Lynch said:
My bad. I was guessing the number ;)

Dan Barrett said:
I think you mean 17th two years running!? :P

Amar Dattani said:

Gary Lynch said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service