Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

Dan Royde 8-1 at the end of Day 1.

Anyone else we know representing?  Dan told me that a group of British players that were Q'ed for the PT were doing the GP+PT thing in Pennsylvania but I didn't see any familiar names in a quick scan.  And of course they are all marked as being from the USA because dailymtg.com is ... not always brilliant.

Views: 725

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

can noone out there do tiebreaker maths or something?  it will suck if he misses a level by a point

.... clearly not.... I actually wonder what happened... it's so frustrating to be just within touching distance... and at pretty much any other gp it wouldn't have mattered... just so many players this time....hope that the brits pick themselves up for the pt

@ pete I was pretty sure I was right cos i was tlaking to dan about it after nats, and I was indeed: http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=protour/player...
wow level 6 is NICE especially compared to lvl 5 (which I'm almost certain dan will get as our team for worlds must be worth 1 point...)

Level 4 is the real deal but you need money from somewhere.

Level 5 makes things start to look affordable.

Level 6 is, as you say, NICE :)

gogogo 6 extra points at Philly and Worlds!

(Is anyone apart from Dan going to Worlds?  I am going to try and still be local for it ...)

hoping for daniel to reveal the secret to how he went from "good english player" to "crushing on an international level"
It's the shirt, dude.

Mainly the shirt. Although it didn't work today. It no longer has a 100% record. In the last round my opponent wouldn't ID with me, and then I played terribly (vs valakut) to lose. Ask Mr Bland for details. 
67th is a bit frustrating.

High points- beating GerryT, and signing someone's Emrakul because he'd copied "my" list. 

I was gonna say Pete, maybe his opp forced him to play. 

Also, there really needs to be a tiebreakers "should I ID" app.

it's the jetlag a bit too right? :S

I didn't have time to eat on day 2...

We waited a long time for a cab at our motel in the middle of nowhere. That sort of bundled in so that as I ran out of energy I played more slowly and so had less time after the round to get food, so I never really picked myself up again.

I haven't done GP maths before, which didn't help. I think something to make it easier to prove to people that it's OK to ID would be nice.

Should have got yourself some tomatoes dude. 

Daniel Royde said:

I didn't have time to eat on day 2...

We waited a long time for a cab at our motel in the middle of nowhere. That sort of bundled in so that as I ran out of energy I played more slowly and so had less time after the round to get food, so I never really picked myself up again.

I haven't done GP maths before, which didn't help. I think something to make it easier to prove to people that it's OK to ID would be nice.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service