Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

Some home truths here i think we've all been guilty of at times...

http://www.02drop.com/strategy/?p=132

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I point you to www.submityourdraft.com, sir!

Gary Lynch said:
yeah, recording drafts would be sweet. also if you could get everyones reason for making a pick too, its nice to see what people are thinking even if its wrong.

Daniel Royde said:
People at pre releases aren't great.
On the "why is this still here?"- Every time that happens/ I think/say it I wish it were possible to have recorded the draft so that we could all see why. Wouldn't anyone else like to know how often it's because people are bad compared to people being in their colours for good reasons and not being able to take an off colour bomb?
I find at TGC it's often because players go "all in" on their first pick, and aren't willing to read signals that colours are wide open - often happens with green, occasionally blue (in ZZW).

Daniel Royde said:
On the "why is this still here?"- Every time that happens/ I think/say it I wish it were possible to have recorded the draft so that we could all see why. Wouldn't anyone else like to know how often it's because people are bad compared to people being in their colours for good reasons and not being able to take an off colour bomb?
this is definatly true

i have often found myself thinking, that a colour (often green) is open and know knowing whether to switch. usually when i do switch i end up getting screwed and when i dont i sit there getting loads of late green wishing i had.
but that is probably just becuase i need to get better at drafting

Dan Barrett said:
I find at TGC it's often because players go "all in" on their first pick, and aren't willing to read signals that colours are wide open - often happens with green, occasionally blue (in ZZW).

Daniel Royde said:
Bit off topic,

But if we could get 8 people together and jump into a modo draft then post it all on submit my draft we could get to see the noob moments some of you lot get??
I'm up for that

Paul Young said:
Bit off topic,

But if we could get 8 people together and jump into a modo draft then post it all on submit my draft we could get to see the noob moments some of you lot get??
I'm sure everyone in this draft wondered "Why is this here" from this pack:
http://gatherer.wizards.com/magic/draftools/draftviewer.asp?draftid...
Not massively? The third pick guy would, but then beyond that its just a bunch of above average cards that dont make you stop and think..
There are four cards in the pack that you would be very happy to first pick, and only 5 cards in the pack aren't P5 quality or greater. It's a pretty good pack imo. And yeah, the guy who got it third got all the Black and Red stuff and was in BR :)

That Ginger One said:
Not massively? The third pick guy would, but then beyond that its just a bunch of above average cards that dont make you stop and think..
That was a pack 2... i only count the gatekeepger, hideous end, and geopede as p1p1 stuffs. Gladeheart, tern, nimana, and possibly bloodghast are picks 3-6 quality
Fair enough, perhaps I overvalue Tern.

That Ginger One said:
That was a pack 2... i only count the gatekeepger, hideous end, and geopede as p1p1 stuffs. Gladeheart, tern, nimana, and possibly bloodghast are picks 3-6 quality

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service