Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

First up - Jason will be having a pre-release again this time, so please do come and support it, it's probably advisable to book in advance and reserve a slot in case it's really busy - do so here:

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Secondly, spoilers are starting, and this set looks pretty sweet theme-wise.

Nothing official yet (expect to see some early tomorrow morning after the Innistrad party at PAX, and spoiler articles start on dailymtg Monday), but there is this blurry Russian video that confirms flashback is returning, and there are some gold cards in the set. It would be an obvious Salvation fake, but the book the cards are on has the same symbol as one of the houses in that theme article, so...

Views: 1664

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That costs 5(?) mana for Teferi, 4 mana for Gifts, 6 for Teachings, 3(2) for Exarch, 5 for Kiki-Jiki.

:(

Charlie Grover said:

More interesting twin.dec tech: If you have Teferi in play, gifts for teachings, and 1 of each exarch variant sets up the combo regardless of what pile they give you.
I wasnt saying instantly, but its pretty inevitable. Im pretty sure minus preordain and ponder you have to fit it into a control shell anyway.

There must be better Gifts piles (format wise at least), in fact I'm sure of it. To be honest though, you will probably have one piece in hand when you have Gifts mana :D. Can Gifts for Kiki-Jiki, Twin, Noxious Revival, or Pestermite, Exarch, Noxious Revival.

Would Postmortem Lunge work, or does that require too much mana for it to be useful?

Louis Mackie said:

There must be better Gifts piles (format wise at least), in fact I'm sure of it. To be honest though, you will probably have one piece in hand when you have Gifts mana :D. Can Gifts for Kiki-Jiki, Twin, Noxious Revival, or Pestermite, Exarch, Noxious Revival.

That is incredibly interesting.... I want to say no off the bat but it might just be good enough randomly. Hmm
I have a foil one of those on my desk at work!
Lunge Revival Kiki-Jiki Pestermite is a pile that sets up the combo the following turn. Seems good actually, only need to untap with 7 mana.

Simon Baldwin said:
Would Postmortem Lunge work, or does that require too much mana for it to be useful?

Louis Mackie said:

I miss gifts. brb going to go and break legacy with gifts and nostalgic dreams
can wizards just reprint all those cool graveyard-value cards like Nostalgic Dreams, Holistic Wisdom, etc
oh wait sorry Snapcaster Mage and Past In Flames are real cards, my bad.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service