Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

Got the decklist from Twitter and it only had 32 non-land cards so added 4 more Plains.

4 Flickerwisp
4 Sun Titan
4 Lone Missionary
4 Pilgrim's Eye
4 Oblivion Ring
4 Wall of Omens
4 Path to Exile
4 Day of Judgment

4 Emeria the Sky Ruin
24 Plains

It's awesome. Lost 1 game in Tournament Practice (yeah, yeah, I know) so far out of 10-15. I'm sure it gets rinsed by proper control decks but it basically cannot lose against aggro as far as I can see.

Plus Flickerwisp is so good. And, you know, Sun Titan.

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

surely you should play tectonic edge if you play sun titan

Yeah, you could play them as spells.  That's possibly what the real list has.

But you really want to be playing your 7th Plains on T8.

Not sure it would play 28 lands even though it really wants to get Emeria online - perhaps some number of Expedition Map ( good with Sun Titan, fetches Emeria) were played?

Kitchen Finks are likely present somewhere (sb?)

Also, regardless of whether or not they were played, 1or 2 plains should be Mistveil Plains

Ok, that decklist is not quite correct...  This is the actual list

1st. Jeremiah A. Haney
11 Plains4 Tectonic Edge4 Emeria, the Sky Ruin2 Arid Mesa2 Marsh Flats4 Path to Exile4 Wall of Omens4 Flickerwisp4 Sun Titan4 Pilgrim’s Eye4 Day of Judgment4 Oblivion Ring3 Mortarpod2 Lone Missionary2 Glimmerpoint Stag2 Kor SkyfisherSB:1 Austere Command1 Martial Coup1 Lone Missionary1 Mortarpod2 Condemn2 Leonin Relic-Warder3 Runed Halo4 Luminarch Ascension
Yay for iPhones -_- hopefully useful information can be obtained from my post, formatting issues aside

Eugene Hwang said:
Ok, that decklist is not quite correct...  This is the actual list 1st. Jeremiah A. Haney
11 Plains4 Tectonic Edge4 Emeria, the Sky Ruin2 Arid Mesa2 Marsh Flats4 Path to Exile4 Wall of Omens4 Flickerwisp4 Sun Titan4 Pilgrim’s Eye4 Day of Judgment4 Oblivion Ring3 Mortarpod2 Lone Missionary2 Glimmerpoint Stag2 Kor SkyfisherSB:1 Austere Command1 Martial Coup1 Lone Missionary1 Mortarpod2 Condemn2 Leonin Relic-Warder3 Runed Halo4 Luminarch Ascension

Cleaned up version:

11 Plains
4 Tectonic Edge
4 Emeria, the Sky Ruin
2 Arid Mesa
2 Marsh Flats
4 Path to Exile
4 Wall of Omens
4 Flickerwisp
4 Sun Titan
4 Pilgrim’s Eye
4 Day of Judgment
4 Oblivion Ring
3 Mortarpod
2 Lone Missionary
2 Glimmerpoint Stag
2 Kor Skyfisher
SB:
1 Austere Command
1 Martial Coup
1 Lone Missionary
1 Mortarpod
2 Condemn
2 Leonin Relic-Warder
3 Runed Halo
4 Luminarch Ascension
Condemn in the sb makes a lot of sense as Stag + Skyfisher + Flickerwisp can all leave you with 1 Plains up.

I'm going to add the Mortarpods now and see how that goes. I guess with all the blinking you get a bunch of germs. I can't believe it's not 4 Lone Missionary, though, that guy has been amazing. Then again my version of the deck is so good against aggro it can't lose when playing 28 lands!

I really don't know what the fetchlands are for. There's no landfall, no library manipulation and they can only fetch Plains. So they are for thinning? In a deck that wants to hit 7 Plains?
(Doh.  Sun Titan.)
This has, however, got to be the best deck ever for pathing your own guy EOT.
Well, I somehow beat Necrotic Ooze with the new version in three epic games. Keeping him off BB with Tectonic Edge was key.

I really like this deck! I can't wait to get mashed in the 2-player queue and go off it!
Do a daily event to see if it really does have what it takes
I just found this on Google. This was created by my friend Stephen Girdner and piloted by him, Jeremy and I at the Seattle PTQ. The aggro matchup is incredibly favorable. However, I faced UW control the first 3 rounds of the PTQ and got off to a poor start with 2 draws and a loss due to not knowing the deck very well. And after playing Time Sieve (people still play that?) in round 4 i dropped. In the current aggro-heavy metagame this deck is excellent. I can give more info on card choices and such if people have questions about the deck.

Wasn't going to bother playing an extended ptq this weekend, but this is easy to throw together and looks fun.  And the learning curve doesn't seem too steep.

So you crush aggro, right?  How do faeries matchups play?  What are the ruined halos for usually... or just a catch-all?  How good was mortarpod?  Would you change anything?

Thanks!

Aggro is a very good matchup. RDW, Boros, Naya, etc. are very favorable. The lone missionaries single-handedly stop RDW and the early-game Boros. Especially with Sun Titan bringing them back and your blink creatures to activate the life gain multiple times. The Faerie matchup is a bit difficult but mortarpod is the all-star here. It hits their vendilion clique and little tokens. With so much graveyard manipulation you can play Sun Titan's and other stuff without worrying about playing around counters too much. When you have 2 Emeria's triggering next turn they aren't as motivated to counter your creatures.

I don't think we are going to keep the runed halos. We have been discussing it but haven't made a solid choice yet. We are going to make changes next week in preparation for the PTQ in Portland, OR. I can keep you up-to-date with what we talk about and how portland goes because the deck is definitely solid.

One bit of advice i can offer though is to use flickerwisp as a removal spell. When facing a pesky Sword sometimes I would cast flickerwisp targeting a flickerwisp i already had in play. Then at end of turn my other flickerwisp would return to play and I would target their Sword of Feast and Famine. Effectively shutting the sword down for 2 turns. But with so much blinking things can get very confusing lol. I had to call a judge a couple times because I wasn't completely sure what was going on haha.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service