Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

Old School Ravnica Draft Event - Sunday 23rd September - Players Needed!

Hi folks,

I'm going to run two or three RAV/GPT/DIS drafts at Penderel's Oak in Holborn on Sunday 23rd September from 12pm.

I figure this is a good way to get in the spirit of things for Return to Ravnica!

I'm taking sign ups here so I know roughly how many packs to prepare (I'm going to use full color proxies not real cards as product from these blocks is prohibitively expensive).

There is no entry fee and everyone is welcome.

If I get a lot of sign ups I'll come up with some kind of multi-draft structure with some kind of prize.

If you can only make it at a certain time let me know and I'll do my best to accomodate.

Want to play?

1. Tom

2. Simon (?)

3. Amar

4. Phil

5. Kieran

6. Russell

7. Ross

8. Maor

Views: 562

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can probably make this, will confirm later, I also have some product

It will get interesting when I bust out my Russian packs ;)

Hmm, could only locate 1 pack of Russian Disension, got a couple of packs of Rav/Guildpact in Asian language though :P

I have enough boosters for at least 1 full 8 man draft. As much as I would love to charge £15 each for it, that seems pretty excessive. I'll dig out what I have this weekend and bring them along and we can decide on cost closer to the time.

Its quite cheap actually, Mike is sold out at £280 for a box of ravnica - which means he probably hasn't updated the price since he sold the last one. (although he does has 5 boosters at £6.5 a pop at the moment, perhaps I should nab those off him!)

Starcity are sold out at $450 for a box of Ravnica! and sold out at $13 for a booster

Guildpact is sold out at $250 a box

and DIssention is sold out at $299

I have 6 rav boosters, 18 Gpt & 10 dis

Simon turns out your random boosters are worth large dollar, very tidy indeed

Simon O'Keeffe said:

I have enough boosters for at least 1 full 8 man draft. As much as I would love to charge £15 each for it, that seems pretty excessive. I'll dig out what I have this weekend and bring them along and we can decide on cost closer to the time.

Yeah I think £15 is fairly reasonably cheap... Rav boosters have reached stratosphere on pricing. ;)

I can do up to 12 people with the stock I have here in London. Long term I could do more, but I'd have to fetch it from storage.

Also, I'm trying to acquire about half a dozen Rav (only) boosters to "round out" the extras I have here from GPT/DIS - if anyone has any for sale/trade do let me know.

Love and hugs,

Russ

Wow, I was not really aware of this. I always assumed that the value of these 'modern' sets would hold steady or even fall as they rotated out of Standard and Extended and most of their cards became worthless.

I can understand that scarcity for sealed product would make the cost of acquiring boosters rise, but I was imagining around £8.

Russ I think I have a surplus of Rav boosters, and a shortfall of Dissension, so I should be able to hook you up to fill out your sets.

Russell Davies said:

Yeah I think £15 is fairly reasonably cheap... Rav boosters have reached stratosphere on pricing. ;)

I can do up to 12 people with the stock I have here in London. Long term I could do more, but I'd have to fetch it from storage.

Also, I'm trying to acquire about half a dozen Rav (only) boosters to "round out" the extras I have here from GPT/DIS - if anyone has any for sale/trade do let me know.

Love and hugs,

Russ

not got any old stock i'm afraid, but would of course prefer to play with real boosters as well provided the option is available, otherwise perfectly happy with the proxy packs

Okay so I have a minimum of 12 players worth of RGD, and will check the boxes in storage this evening, should be some more there.

For some of the sets, the value doesn't go up much, but most of the sets rise a bit, and some are pretty crazy. I used to run drafts from IPA and Onslaught blocks years ago and they were double the price of a normal draft after only a few years. It seems pretty dependent on how well received the block was as a draft set... and Rav seems to be #1 from what I've heard. It's certainly my opinion  ;)

And as for booster trades to even things out, that's good news  :)

Simon O'Keeffe said:

Wow, I was not really aware of this. I always assumed that the value of these 'modern' sets would hold steady or even fall as they rotated out of Standard and Extended and most of their cards became worthless.

Russ I think I have a surplus of Rav boosters, and a shortfall of Dissension, so I should be able to hook you up to fill out your sets.

So 12pm Penderall Oak on Sunday for £15?

This is gonna be sweet!

If someone also wants to bring some sort of cube that could be good!

I'm not sure the 15 pounds is set in stone.  That number was thrown around early but we'll see what the booster owners think.

We have 24-person-draft-sets in proxies as backup/later drafts (although not enough Ultra Pro Raven Black sleeves for all those) and I will bring various cubes (graveyard, powered, Towerfall, maybe Teachings).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service