Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

Old School Ravnica Draft Event - Sunday 23rd September - Players Needed!

Hi folks,

I'm going to run two or three RAV/GPT/DIS drafts at Penderel's Oak in Holborn on Sunday 23rd September from 12pm.

I figure this is a good way to get in the spirit of things for Return to Ravnica!

I'm taking sign ups here so I know roughly how many packs to prepare (I'm going to use full color proxies not real cards as product from these blocks is prohibitively expensive).

There is no entry fee and everyone is welcome.

If I get a lot of sign ups I'll come up with some kind of multi-draft structure with some kind of prize.

If you can only make it at a certain time let me know and I'll do my best to accomodate.

Want to play?

1. Tom

2. Simon (?)

3. Amar

4. Phil

5. Kieran

6. Russell

7. Ross

8. Maor

Views: 562

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm here if anyone gets here and fancies a game (or if you're here and I am a bit blind)

Good day all in all.

We played a 9 man RGD draft (winner: Phil) and a 10 man Graveyard Cube draft (winner: Simon?) and a 4 man Power Cube draft (winner: Russ).

I was going to put up all the results from the day and overall winner but I think I left my special bit of paper at Penderel's Oak goddamnit.  I went 2-1, 2-1, 1-2, I think?  Who did better than that?

I went 2-1 in RGD, losing to Phil in round 1. Then I went 3-0 in Graveyard Cube, although game 1 against Russ in the final was a bit dodgy as we realised afterwards we had played Living Death wrong and the triggers for Flayer of the Hatebound wouldn't occur.

Looking at the actual oracle text for Living Death:

"Each player exiles all creature cards from his or her graveyard, then sacrifices all creatures he or she controls, then puts all cards he or she exiled this way onto the battlefield."

So this is different from the printed wording, and my Flayer would trigger from the Undying, rather than just being placed straight in the graveyard.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service