Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

My girlfriend kindly pointed out to me that the Gravesend event is only 2 weeks after the Pre Release. As im not working at the moment I will probably only make the PTQ.

Any have any ideas about constructed now the full spoiler is available? Im almost definatly playing Jund as its all I have the cards for. Any ideas on what needs to change?

Anyone up for some testing during the next 2 weeks? Daytimes and early evenings are best for me as I cant really get away with playing any more magic at the weekends than I have been already.

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I need to test for Nats Qs, so happy to meet you at the club after work a few times.

Even if you are gonna play Jund, will you proxy up some other decks to try out also?
There are other decks?

Dan Barrett said:
I need to test for Nats Qs, so happy to meet you at the club after work a few times.

Even if you are gonna play Jund, will you proxy up some other decks to try out also?
Well, I don't know about you, but Vengevine and Gideon Yura are top of my to-trade-for list this weekend.

Incidentally, I am planning on gathering metagame data from Gravesend as well as any other Standard tournaments which I / Stelios / someone else willing to help out are at.

The combined metagame data will continue to be made publically available asap afterwards.
Yeah that sounds good. I can probably pop down for an hour or so. Will definatly be testing other decks too.

Dan Barrett said:

Just random thoughts at the moment but i want to try:

U/W Control with the wall (obv)
Some type of Summoning Trap deck
Abysal Persecutor with Momentus Fall, Gatekeeper and/or Fleshbag Marauder
Some sort of G/W or G/W/x deck that gets to run both the new wall (and possibly Wall of Reverence). Im assuming this will crush any deck that plans on attacking with creatures, but dont know if you can make it good enough against control.

Anyone have any thoughts?
I mean an hour or so each night, although probably not Fridays.

Gary Lynch said:
Yeah that sounds good. I can probably pop down for an hour or so. Will definatly be testing other decks too.

Dan Barrett said:

The Wall deck looks like fun - possibly in Bant colours with Jace as a main win condition. UW with wall seems good as usual.

I don't think the actual Eldrazi make Summoning Trap and Polymorph into better decks - Iona/Proggy are better on the board and there are more than enough good creatures to play Summoning Trap. I think what will benefit them is cards like See Beyond.

GB Rock could be an interesting archetype, lots of people are trying out MWC and MBC on the net also.

Fun deck I was fiddling with is the Kiln Fiend / Surrakar Spellblade deck. You play tons of burn and Rebound spells like Distortion Strike and Staggershock - you can knock out immense damage and refill your grip in one turn, along with other aggressive creatures like Plated Geopede.

Gary Lynch said:

Some sort of G/W or G/W/x deck that gets to run both the new wall (and possibly Wall of Reverence). Im assuming this will crush any deck that plans on attacking with creatures, but dont know if you can make it good enough against control.

Polymorph seems pretty good...
No I think that is still bad.

James Mills said:
Yet it still continues to post good results, despite the sage Lynch's damning.

Gary Lynch said:

James Mills said:
Show me GOOD results. Not some crappy nowhereville tournament.

Dan Barrett said:
Yet it still continues to post good results, despite the sage Lynch's damning.

Gary Lynch said:

James Mills said:
the GB rock style deck with persecutor probably wants consuming vapors before it wants fleshbag.

play CV make them sac and then they either dont play another creature or you just kill whatever they play. and you get the option to sac your persecutor on the rebuy.

seems pretty sweet to me.

not as good against counters as fleshbag but you do have momentus fall for that (draw six gain six eot seems pretty sweet)

prob wants gatekeeper if the mana works, def some leech and pulse
maybe thta smother wrath out the board althought the curve is looking a bit top heavy

Gary Lynch said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service