Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

Who's going? 

Views: 1385

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Does what you are audibling to beat Affinity?

If it doesn't, I wouldn't play it.

Thomas David Baker said:

Does what you are audibling to beat Affinity?

dan are you receiving secret gg technology?

Winner was Stuart Wright beating Carrie Oliver in the final.

I think you'll find the real winner was Kieran going 2-2 with BW Allies!

top 8 were? + what decks?

what did ppl from london play?

Stuart was playing Gifts Rock. Carrie was on Assault Loam. Eduardo lost in the semi to Carrie with something with Serum Visions. I think Storm but maybe twin. Simon Marshall also made Top 8 with Affinity. I think that's all I know.
Oh and mills played trap, Louis played dredgevine, I played affinity, Jo saxton played affinity, Paul young played jund, Paul Hodgson played uw tron and Kieran played bw allies with castigate.

Eduardo was playing Twin, there was also a Storm and Jund in Top8.

I don't think there were any jund decks in t8 (unless it was the one guy i didn't see), it was david kannan and carrie with loam, stuart with gifts, eduardo with twin, simon marshall with affinity, a guy with pyromancers, a guy with u/w agro and whoever played vs carrie in the quarters

Yeah that guy was playing Jund :)

Mike Parker was the guy playing storm.
Eduardo's quarterfinal had one of the "best" games I've seen in a while. Don't forget that this was round 9, so it had been a long day, but regardless...

G2, Eduardo having won G1:
opponent has Geist of St Traft + goyf (lethal damage) + BoP + all colour lands. Has path in hand having been probed earlier.
Eduardo has a pestermite, 4 lands in play, Kiki jiki in hand + 2 lands.Eduardo's on

Eduardo's turn: untap, draw a land ("oh well, might as well play it out")

Ed: land + Make kiki jiki

Op: No responses.

Ed: go.

Op: eot path kiki jiki

Ed: combo in response

Op: tank, berate self for mistake, tank, untap draw, tank, berate self, surgical extraction serum visions, don't look at Ed's hand/library "there's no point". Tap out to make elspeth, jump geist, attack with everything.

Ed: Block them all...

Op: Scoop creatures into the bin, think for a moment, "oh well, you've got it", extends hand.

Eduardo wins the match 2-0.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service