Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

I'm trying to sell off my MTG collection (mostly bought around the time of 5th and 6th edition). I've lots of Prophecy, Masques etc. and tonnes and tonnes of Invasion (and its related sets).

I've begun listing on ebay (it takes ages), but I'm not getting much attention there so I hoped to draw it to the attention of readers here and ask whether I'm being reasonable about pricing.  I've decided to start selling 8 rares at £2.50 + £1 postage.  I don't know if that's reasonable, but I'd be grateful for input.  I'd like to make some money from the cards, but I'm not out to rip people off, and I do actually want to sell them, instead of listing things pointlessly on ebay, and paying endless listing fees.

I have ignored the card values and tried to find similar priced cards on ebay, but I'm not going to sell any more individual cards as I've read that grouping them is both quicker and more attractive.

The start of my sale is here, but there's thousands of cards to come:  

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/acr33/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

Feedback welcome.  Please don't be nasty!

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gilded drakes are not worth £6

If your cards are all from around that time I would say it would be far easier to sell the whole collection to a trader.

Thanks.  I'll have to see whether I can amend the price for the Gilded drake.  It may not be possible until the auction if finished.

The cards are mostly from that era, but I received advice that I'd get more for them if I sold them on individually rather than selling them as a bulk lot.  However, when working out my hourly rate of adding cards to ebay, I'm definitely losing out at present!

Is there a trading fair for MTG cards in London anywhere that I'd be able to at least sell them individually or in groups to a trader?

To be fair unless you have some Legacy played cards in there you wont get anything like what your asking. The cards you have are unplayable in Standard and Extended so will be of little to no interest to most people.

Best bet is take the lot to a trader, just dont expect to get a lot because there wont be much demand for the stuff you have.

Thanks for the advice.  Any idea where I can find a few traders?  Might be worth getting some comparable prices.

As long as you don't have bids on an item you should be able to change the start price, I think. To be honest, I think if you're going to set high starting bids you should probably just run things as Buy it Now listings at or a little below eBay market price. For things other than high-value individual cards selling to a trader will be by far the least time-consuming way to go, although you will make less (although remember to take into account eBay fees, PayPal fees and your own time.)

Andrea said:

Thanks.  I'll have to see whether I can amend the price for the Gilded drake.  It may not be possible until the auction if finished.

The cards are mostly from that era, but I received advice that I'd get more for them if I sold them on individually rather than selling them as a bulk lot.  However, when working out my hourly rate of adding cards to ebay, I'm definitely losing out at present!

Is there a trading fair for MTG cards in London anywhere that I'd be able to at least sell them individually or in groups to a trader?

Andrea, you will get more for the better cards selling individually, but as you have worked out when you take into account the cost of selling and your time it can be better to sell in bulk.

You could try http://www.magicmadhouse.co.uk, they are always buying cards.

Jason

Andrea said:

Thanks for the advice.  Any idea where I can find a few traders?  Might be worth getting some comparable prices.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service