Magic: the Gathering in the UK
It just doesn't seem much like a real deck. Whenever i see it at a tournament, i'm thinking "Oh LOL look at that douchebag with OtV, he's not gonna win". And then as expected, they don't win.
It doesn't seem unfair enough, it's a good deck surrounded by VERY good decks. Why wouldn't you want to play Jund, Mythic, Naya or U/W/x instead of this?
Also isnt running only 15 lands dangerous? I know you have borderposts but they dont count if you draw an opener with no basics. Also you really open yourself up to getting blown out by Maelstrol Pulse.
thanks for the feedback all
in Shanghai at the moment for study, Demonic Tutor is banned (anything with demonic in it is banned) only recently found a reliable VPN to get around the Chinese Government firewall
1) why not ulamog? wouldn't ulamog sort out random hate problems as well as shuffle back in?
2) why firewalker over vedalken outlander? playing firewalker normally won't happen until turn 4, by which time you are already in serious trouble. it also doesn't help you go off
3) how relevant is polymorph? if it is relevant I strongly recommend running both capsule and oblivion ring as answers to emrakul
4) one of the advantages of a transformational sideboard is that it gives you pre-emptive defence vs. pithing needle on sieve, angel is great at racing, especially as all you need is 4 turns to win (and timewalk/sieve give you those turns)
5) how good have angelsongs been for you? I tested them, and they only seem to do anything against naya and good draws fromjund
6) finally, what do you think about running journey to nowheres somewhere as an answer to leech that comes back with open the vaults if killed or blightninged
wu is the best deck in the format, I want a very good wu matchup as the people I am most afraid of in any given tournament are most likely to be running wu. the fact that the deck is good vs jund too is just a bonus. mono red is an auto loss, but I would rather have 80-20 matchups that I can attack with my sb rather than the 60-40s jund has.
@gary: 25 mana sources and 11 cantrips tends to be enough to get the job done, but sure, you do have to mulligan sometimes