Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

Not sure if I'm gonna draft or do sealed before 2hg on sat but was just hoping to get people's thoughts on strategies for draft now that we have the full spoiler.

My thoughts are the zendikons all seem really strong but not sure how they will play cos early game u don't want to miss casting spells by attacking.

Removal seems more of a premium than zen with only one spell in w, r and b at common.

Uncommons seem where the power is at with the kird ape cycle, the blue tapper and mind control and the hoser traps.

Generally 3 seems to be the optimum bum size and allies seem more plentiful and important.

What do other people think?

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Im drafting Mill Alies for sure :)

Looking forward to beating you at 2HG in the final.
If i can be bothered to turn up I agree with gary. The mill ally is ridic in WWW...
i shall be rare and foil drafting at every step.
And pickling talon troopers where possible ;)

ross miles said:
Take my advice - rare, foil and 3-0 drafting is the way forward.

How come u didn't defend our manhood against gary's chest-thumping comment?

ross miles said:
Milling ally in WWW: there are 60 commons in the set, 10 commons per pack, 24 packs per draft.

That means you expect 4 of any common in a draft. Is that really enough with there not being other milling cards in the set? Also, a 1/3 for 2 is alright, so it's not as though you can expect all of them to reach you.

Not that I've spent too much (any) time thinking about this one day draft format but...

Green seems possibly the strongest since all of the commons are playable, the worst is the bad naturalise, but that's at least going to be sided in sometimes.

All of the other colours have unplayable commons.
He does trigger when you play other allies though.

Daniel Royde said:
Milling ally in WWW: there are 60 commons in the set, 10 commons per pack, 24 packs per draft.

That means you expect 4 of any common in a draft. Is that really enough with there not being other milling cards in the set? Also, a 1/3 for 2 is alright, so it's not as though you can expect all of them to reach you.

Not that I've spent too much (any) time thinking about this one day draft format but...

Green seems possibly the strongest since all of the commons are playable, the worst is the bad naturalise, but that's at least going to be sided in sometimes.

All of the other colours have unplayable commons.
1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 = 21
So you need to play 5 other allies after him. That seems relatively steep since I think the allies in this set aren't as good as in the last- less of them get +1/+1 counters
There is 1 card that triggers it twice, the white one.

Also using the peel from reality trick to get multiple activtions.

Daniel Royde said:
So you need to play 5 other allies after him. That seems relatively steep since I think the allies in this set aren't as good as in the last- less of them get +1/+1 counters
it may not work but its worth a shot
Not worth forcing imho, but fine if you see it.
yeah, but if you get multiple mill ally, they each trigger for every ally cast.

Daniel Royde said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service