Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

http://mixedknuts.wordpress.com/2011/12/12/unlocking-the-cheats-of-...

anyone have any particular opinions on this? sensible ones, that is.

Views: 934

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

18 month ban

Good news though - Martin Cullarn is back in circulation as of April 14!

SCG said he gets to keep any prizes he won before the suspension.

Dan Barrett said:

18 month ban

:'(

Dan Barrett said:

18 month ban

And Steve B still has another 16 months to serve ... yeah, that makes sense.

Goddamn but the DCI are fucking terrible.  When is the previous World Champion who never cheated at all allowed to play again?

Think he got 18 months also.

You love Martin!

Daniel Royde said:

:'(

Dan Barrett said:

18 month ban

so they've revoked bertoncini's cheque. interesting precedent to set.

also, at the risk of just sounding like i'm complaining about everything, SCG's choice of charity is retarded

Why? What would have been a better choice?

Philip Dickinson said:

so they've revoked bertoncini's cheque. interesting precedent to set.

also, at the risk of just sounding like i'm complaining about everything, SCG's choice of charity is retarded

are you serious? you think giving toys to children in hospital is a good use of the money? you don't think it could be better spent on, i don't know, famine relief or eradicating hereditary HIV?

i appreciate the fact that child's play is kinda a PR move (penny arcade might somehow mention SCG's "donation" in some form or another) but i'd rather the money go to a worthy fucking cause

second phil's opinion

this is a blatant pr move and actually annoys me in terms of hypocrisy

1) Firstly, they backtrack in the face of PR backlash having allowed Bertocini to play in competition in the first place

2) Next they strip him of a prize he won without cheating

3) Rather than passing prizes down, or give money to a legitimate charity, they pull a blatant pr stunt using prize money from the tournament to fund it....

The problem is that DCI rulings get confused with court rulings.

A DCI ruling says, "on balance, we think this".  A court ruling says, "beyond a reasonable doubt after throwing lawyers at it as their full time job".

I think it is problematic to act on a DCI ruling as if it were the ruling of the Supreme Court.  For this reason I probably would have left him with everything.

I think debating the "worthiness" of charities is a fruitless waste of time. It's not like they're giving money to something evil, it will do good in some way.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service