Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to Worlds. It means coming back from India a bit early so I'm trying to work it out.

I know Stevie B, Amar and Jason will be there. What about everyone else?

Related: http://demonictutor.ning.com/events/worlds-2009-rome

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think Kieran will also go as he has a travel award from the play the game thingy!
Your mate PV is going I think.
Too expensive, considering I would be unlikely to experience any of Rome. It would just be like 3 months worth of games club events compressed into a 3 days.
I'll be there for the play the game thingy. There's another qualifier coming up too - so hopefully more people will be able to play.
I am hoping to go.

Mills also, think Nathan and Dave (Aussie guy who now lives in Germany) are considering it too.
i am coming yes :)
I am also going to this and it seems like the sort of thing we would want to be booking sooner rather than later.
Feel free to look up some flights/accomodation prices then for us Mills. :)

James Mills said:
I am also going to this and it seems like the sort of thing we would want to be booking sooner rather than later.
I looked up some stuff on Expedia but I have no idea where the tournament site is in relation to any of the hotels.

Dan Barrett said:
Feel free to look up some flights/accomodation prices then for us Mills. :)

James Mills said:
It's pretty central:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geoc...

And there are lots of nearby hotels, although most of them are proper hotels not 3 quid a night hostels:

They call that area the "EUR business district". Here are the 19 hotels in that area according to trip advisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/HACSearch?geo=187791&q=Rome%2C+Italy... (you have to select EUR on the left to narrow it down).

Adagio City Aparthotel Roma Garden is the very nearest, gets ok-good reviews and does 2-bedroom, up to 4-person rooms for 126.92 GBP per night (~31.50 pppn). They are a bit cheaper with less than 4 people in but not hugely. It's way up above the "dirt cheap hostel" level so there are probably cheaper things further away. I'd be inclined to stay Wednesday through Monday which would be about 150 quid each for the hotel sharing 2-to-a-room. Is that too pricey for people? If not, I'd take the whole of one room and 1 or 2 others could take the other room as they see fit?

There are possibly cheaper places in the immediate area bottoming out at the "TOP Hotel American Palace EUR" which gets decidedly mixed reviews and is about 25 pppn anyway. I'm sure there are cheaper places if you are prepared to leave the EUR district.

The price of these things probably depends a lot upon how many people you tell the hotel are going to be in your room and how many snoring people you are prepared to have sneak into the hotel and sleep on your floor for a tenner!

I had a quick look at Wed-Mon flights and they start at about 75. You can get two afternoon flights (yay) for 78.34 through Expedia/easyjet right now.

Do the people that know they are going already have hotels booked or just flights? Where are you staying?
I would not say no to sleeping on the floor for a reduced fee!

Thomas David Baker said:
It's pretty central:

And there are lots of nearby hotels, although most of them are proper hotels not 3 quid a night hostels:

They call that area the "EUR business district". Here are the 19 hotels in that area according to trip advisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/HACSearch?geo=187791&q=Rome%2C+Italy... (you have to select EUR on the left to narrow it down).

Adagio City Aparthotel Roma Garden is the very nearest, gets ok-good reviews and does 2-bedroom, up to 4-person rooms for 126.92 GBP per night (~31.50 pppn). They are a bit cheaper with less than 4 people in but not hugely. It's way up above the "dirt cheap hostel" level so there are probably cheaper things further away. I'd be inclined to stay Wednesday through Monday which would be about 150 quid each for the hotel sharing 2-to-a-room. Is that too pricey for people? If not, I'd take the whole of one room and 1 or 2 others could take the other room as they see fit?

There are possibly cheaper places in the immediate area bottoming out at the "TOP Hotel American Palace EUR" which gets decidedly mixed reviews and is about 25 pppn anyway. I'm sure there are cheaper places if you are prepared to leave the EUR district.

The price of these things probably depends a lot upon how many people you tell the hotel are going to be in your room and how many snoring people you are prepared to have sneak into the hotel and sleep on your floor for a tenner!

I had a quick look at Wed-Mon flights and they start at about 75. You can get two afternoon flights (yay) for 78.34 through Expedia/easyjet right now.

Do the people that know they are going already have hotels booked or just flights? Where are you staying?
It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party. It's my Birthday (19th), There'll be a party.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service