Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to Worlds. It means coming back from India a bit early so I'm trying to work it out.

I know Stevie B, Amar and Jason will be there. What about everyone else?

Related: http://demonictutor.ning.com/events/worlds-2009-rome

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've already booked my flights see...

Warren Vonk said:
Are you keen to go Thurs - Sun?

I'm thinking get there Friday night, unless there's something unmissable on Thurs?
Thursday is:

10am PTQ San Diego ZEN Sealed
11am Legacy
12pm PtG,StWQ ZEN Sealed
2pm Standard
3pm GPT Extended
4pm Urza Sealed
8pm Magic Game Show

Plus the always-running side events. Plus I guess some kind of Pro Tour shenanigans that we mortals can only dream of.

Most of those already going (that I know, anyway) are going Wed-Mon but whatever works ...
Dan - are you going on Wed in time for the PTQ on Thurs?

Dan Barrett said:
I've already booked my flights see...

Warren Vonk said:
Are you keen to go Thurs - Sun?

I'm thinking get there Friday night, unless there's something unmissable on Thurs?
Yea, get there wed evening in time for food + beer then bed, then can play in all the big events thurs/fri/sat/sun, was my plan.
Ok i'm up for this, just need to make sure I can get the time off. Can I suggest we find a 4th person, the cheaper the better!

Dan Barrett said:
YES YES YES, defo up for that.

Check out the flights me + Rob + Tom are on with Easyjet, they're like 115 all in (incluyding putting a bag on the plane - cheaper if you're just hand luggage)

We can get a room for 3 of us same palce as Tom/Steve/Kieran/Rob/Amar/etc for 118/night (~40 each) - and if we have someone sleep on our sofa, a bit cheaper still - or find a 4th person and it's ~30 each.

Warren Vonk said:
I definitely want to go... I've checked my finances and I am able.

Ben and Dan - it looks like we're all looking for accomodation, so let's collaborate for a room?
I approve of this - I might only be able to come on Friday due to lack of leave...
Totally up for finding a 4th person, only issue i think is time - need to book in the next week or so, really!
I'm kind of in the same position, but I've managed to work something out where I basically have to make up a day in hours over the course of a week. See what you can wangle Warren, it's going to be worth doing the thurs and fri fo' sho'.

Warren Vonk said:
I approve of this - I might only be able to come on Friday due to lack of leave...
Indeed... I might just catch a REALLY early flight on Thursday morning to land intime for the PTQ...
Why not do weds eve?

Warren Vonk said:
Indeed... I might just catch a REALLY early flight on Thursday morning to land intime for the PTQ...
lol um... yeah... Weds Eve works... Monday brain = fail.

Hotel?
Tom posted details about the flights he and dan have booked (Easyjet at 16:50). I'm going to try and take half a day to make this flight too. Hotel details are also in the same post by Tom. I'm going to start another thread to find a 4th person.

Warren Vonk said:
lol um... yeah... Weds Eve works... Monday brain = fail.

Hotel?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service