Date: Saturday 3rd March - 12 noon

Where: Games Club - County Hotel

The idea:  

* You design and submit 45 Magic cards in Magic Set Editor format

* Send finished cards to sim.okeeffe@gmail.com

* So do 7 other people

* We print them all out, shuffle into boosters

* draft and enjoy!

From comments in other threads it seems like there is definitely some desire to do this again. I personally had loads of fun, both designing and playing with the cards.

Threads from 1st time around:

You Make the Draft I - Initial thread 

You Make the Draft I - Preliminaries

You Make the Draft I - Aftermath (includes link to visual spoiler of all created cards)

You Make the Draft II - Initial thread

You Make the Draft III - Aftermath

Things we learnt from the first time & suggestions:

• Mixing "normal" and "funny" cards. Obviously we had the laughs but they tend not to be so funny the second time round
  • No planeswalkers. Having 8 untested planeswalkers in a draft can be pretty lopsided, especially as people tend not to design simple answer cards as they are dull
  • Similarly maybe we went too heavy on super power mythic bombs
  • Cards must have art (designer secret - finding lots of art first inspires lots of ideas for cards!)
  • Card designs should be scrutinised by somebody after submission to fix obvious rules/power issues
  • Having a theme or mechanic would really help tie the set together and help design cards
  • Someone has to design the sensible artifact/enchantment removal. I know they can be boring, but I'm sure there is interesting ways to do it

In the YMtD II there was some consensus that people wanted to design a big block of cards in a particular colour. We could certainly approach it this way.

Interested Parties:

1. Simon
  2. Tom
  3. Kieron 
  4. Glenn
  5. Tim

Views: 634

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay I've printed all of Kieron's, Glenn's and my cards. Took bloody forever, and had wait for director to finish with the printer and leave :-)

I'll bring a pair of scissorcs tomorrow.

I may be wrong, but I don't think there is a madhouse person at the venue for trades tomorrow, everyone is in Lille. You'd better hope there are enough sleeves in the cupboard.

They've already been arranged :)

Ever efficient. :)

Report please!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service