Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

We are doing this in our Multiverse app:

http://mv.bluebones.net/

(Old shared Google spreadsheet for this is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag7TtjWsLhYkdHBBUHF4RG... )

Channel Fireball just did Top 8 Mechanics:

* Retrace

* Dredge

* Landfall (not for attacking like Steppe Lynx - Grazing Gladehart and Roil Elemental style)

* Scry

* Flashback

* Kicker

* Flying

* Cycling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiNNg5aj-xo

I wonder if we could use that, or some of that, as the basis of You Make the Set 5.  I know that some of you were keen on Landfall.

Not sure when we would play it out but some time in late May probably?

Views: 3903

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Still after feedback and feature requests on the app, and aware that I haven't completed all those so far.

Do I need to enable a "work mode" switch that hides the mana symbols??!!

I would just get rid to be fair, the sort feature works just fine.  It's a bit of a shame that when you click on a card to leave a comment you lose your place either on the list or on the sealed pools.

I am finding working out how good cards are within the sealed pools is a lot easier and a great feature

Thomas David Baker said:

Still after feedback and feature requests on the app, and aware that I haven't completed all those so far.

Do I need to enable a "work mode" switch that hides the mana symbols??!!

I have to say the cards look very good

Fun to play, lots of synegy which is what people want when drafting

Not to sure how easy it would be to put some form of print template on as a sheet, would be great to be able to print of a couple of sealed decks (no art just the template) and see how crazy they could be

I have to just started to have an overall look at the colours and first off I notice that White is actually quite low on power, lots of it's guys are 2 power and not great, it does have a wrath and a couple of fliers but lots of life gain, does very little on it's own I can't see it getting much play as a colour might need a bit more work.  gonna have a look at the others tomorrow 

There's 

http://www.shenafu.com/magic/cc.php

which we could probably hook up to quite easily.  It produces output like this:

http://shenafu.com/imgd/ymtc/Corrupt%20Seer%20by%20Simon%20O%27Keef...

No idea if they would block us if we hit them N-hundred times, etc.

Nothing really compares to MSE for quality output, though.  I've written a program that reads and to some extent writes MSE files but it is quite fragile.  I might be able to hook it up to our database at some point.  Failing that there is always the horror of hand entry.  With some suitable output to copy and paste from and sharing the work between 6 or more people it might not be so bad.

I'll pursue the other angles a little at least, though. 

Sitewise, has the site become crippling slow for anyone yet?  I have been writing everything with an almost criminal disregard for efficiency.  I'll go back and clean up the worst offenders when it starts to get noticeably creaky.

I think the cards look interesting too but they need testing in the mix.  Does all the lifegain mean it is an endless amount of topdecking 2/2s for 4 with both players on 48?  Or do synergetic decks get it done through disruption and interaction?  No idea.

Shall we have a little Sealed tournament on Cockatrice?

Some recent updates to the site:

* Popover card now shows counts for likes, dislikes and activity

* Your cards are now in a list on your profile, sorted by "interestingness" (likes/dislikes, then activity)

* The voting buttons now show you who voted for what on a little drop down

* Lands now have to have no cost instead of having to have a cost

* Mana symbol images in appropriate places

* Legendary is now an acceptable supertype

* Keyword scanning has been slightly improve (Enchantments don't trigger Enchant and simliar stuff)

* Initial sort is now done on the server so you don't see that jump when the page first loads

* Hover box on the far-right activity badge that shows the last three actions

* Basic search

* magiccards.info-inspired advanced search

* Works on an iPhone or other lower res device.  Kinda.  More than it did anyway.

* Replace ~ with name when displaying card details.  We should enter ~ always from now on.

* Stopped supertypes appearing in subtypes on the stats page.

* Likes/Dislikes appear in activity

Sweet :)

Glenn - wondering if it's worth pushing the flying token angle in W as a way of breaking through the huge life totals everyone's going to have? Maybe some more anthem effects as well?

Think there's probably room for a felidar soverign type of card in W as well

I wonder if we should switch to Comprehensive Rules style Oracle test:

{1}, {T}: Draw a card.

and have the program replace them with the appropriate symbols.  I could do a one-time "catch up" on all the current cards and then we could do it from then on.

What does MSE do?

I can't easily see what MSE does. When you export to HTML it just uses the images for symbols.

Also some of the multiverse is broken for me:

1. I can't like/dislike anymore

2. When clicking on a card in the changes page, it just takes me to the cardlist and does not open the lightbox anymore

3. Site is certainly slower than before for me

I'm experiencing the same problems as Simon. Tom seems able to like and dislike, though. I thought he'd just removed them from my account so I couldn't complain about all his reprints (though having reprints from previous YMTDs is okay!).

So I've just done some basic overview to try and identify any holes:

1. Blue has no 5 mana card at common

2. Red has no top end at common, only two creatures with CMC 4+ and 1 spell. (might not actually be a problem, Innistrad only had 3 out of 20 commons)

3. Bizarrely White has the most top end at common with a  whopping 10 cards at CMC 4+. Considering this is the weenie swarm colour we might need to tweak some of these or pick and choose what to include. (INN had 4/20 at 4+)

4. There is not a single haste creature in Red, barring an uncommon looter with 0 power

5. Only a single first strike creature in white, and that is conditional

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service