Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

We are doing this in our Multiverse app:

http://mv.bluebones.net/

(Old shared Google spreadsheet for this is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag7TtjWsLhYkdHBBUHF4RG... )

Channel Fireball just did Top 8 Mechanics:

* Retrace

* Dredge

* Landfall (not for attacking like Steppe Lynx - Grazing Gladehart and Roil Elemental style)

* Scry

* Flashback

* Kicker

* Flying

* Cycling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiNNg5aj-xo

I wonder if we could use that, or some of that, as the basis of You Make the Set 5.  I know that some of you were keen on Landfall.

Not sure when we would play it out but some time in late May probably?

Views: 3903

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Simon - can you try Ctrl-Shift-Refresh and see if this makes any of your woes go away?  I've been messing with the javascript and a cached version might cause problems.

Kieran - does Ctrl-Shift-Refresh make it work for you?

When are we going to stop adding to this? Recent stats put us on 331 cards! It's probably also time for a bit of a review followed by cuts (possibly followed by more design)...
Also, Ctrl-Shift-Refresh didn't work for me at all.

Tom - Ctrl-Shift-Refresh not doing it for me either. (I assume when you say refresh you mean hold ctrl+shift and click on the refresh button?)

I'm browsing in Chrome, but logging in fresh from Firefox works, I can like things there. But Card Name field in the lightbox is mushed over under the comments in Firefox.

I can't like at all in Firefox at the moment.

On a different note, has anyone had any luck with White in the sealed pool builder? All I ever seem to get in it are multiple 'gain life' cards and no decent creatures!

Yep that's what I meant.

Re: review what we need to do is playtest!  I have a deck built from a sealed pool on Cockatrice whenever you guys want to try it out ... I have resorted to playing against myself against a "typical ISD draft deck" to get a feel for power level.  So far I am losing but Corrupt Seer has yet to do his thing ...

I'll look into the like button/comments woes.

Tom - like buttons are working again for me in Chrome now.

RE: reviewing - I think we need to cull the cards we certainly won't be taking through to the final set, and then agree with Tom that we certainly need a playtest. While I can get away with some forum posting and card reviewing at work, playing on Cockatrice seems unlikely so that will have wait until the evening.

As for the review process, I would first suggest we finalise on set size and splits, then we start looking at each colour and decide what we want it to do and what if anything is either missing or just doesn't fit

I fixed the visual issue in Firefox.  The Multiverse-recommended browser is Chrome (that is, I'm not really testing on anything else!)

Is anyone still having a problem with Like buttons?  Kieran?

I am well up for evening Cockatrice!  I will look at exporting the cards to cockatrice properly so that creatures act like creatures, lands like lands, etc. instead of just blank cards.

Kieran - I very nearly played W in my last build.  Multiple 2/2s for 2 plus Flock, Anara Falconer (love that card), Silent Dismissal and the 2/4 Soul Warden but it just lost out to masses of evasion in U and masses of removal in B.

Everything seems to be working now. Will probably be around fro evening cockatrice tomorrow - now to spam the Sealed option until I get an unbeatable deck!

Cockatrice newb question - how do we get our cards into Cockatrice? Do you have an export file, or are you just typing in card names, and they are basically blank?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service