Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

We are doing this in our Multiverse app:

http://mv.bluebones.net/

(Old shared Google spreadsheet for this is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag7TtjWsLhYkdHBBUHF4RG... )

Channel Fireball just did Top 8 Mechanics:

* Retrace

* Dredge

* Landfall (not for attacking like Steppe Lynx - Grazing Gladehart and Roil Elemental style)

* Scry

* Flashback

* Kicker

* Flying

* Cycling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiNNg5aj-xo

I wonder if we could use that, or some of that, as the basis of You Make the Set 5.  I know that some of you were keen on Landfall.

Not sure when we would play it out but some time in late May probably?

Views: 3914

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tremendous!  (Warning: my TV is my laptop.)

I moved all portent costs to the bottom of the rules text to match Madness and Unearth which seemed the closest things to copy.

Pretty sure we'll want to separate the forshadow and other abilitied on cyclopes/centaurs ... Some cards should be enablers and some benfit from enablers ... This will make drafting more challenging and you will have to work to make your deck come together ...

Any idea for what we are going to be doing about art?

Early days I know, but I have already collected a few images. Will it be easy to export our final set list back to MSE?

Export to MSE is probably not going to happen given that we have the proxies seen at http://mv.bluebones.net/proxies/ but I do now have familiarity with the format MSE uses and allowing uploads and cropping on multiverse might be even more painful so never say never. We'll make some good proxies one way or another ...

So I know we've been through two iterations of green already (so feel free to slap this down immediately) but I just had another idea for a possible green 'library interaction' ability without it having a bunch of Portent and Portent enablers, based on what we were trying to do for green with the Centaur Preceptor ability. The idea was to get effects from searching your library - Panglacial Wurm style. Something like this:

Nurturing Cyclops     1G

Creature - Cyclops

When ~ enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature

Invoke - 2G (While you're searching your library, you may play ~ from your library for its Invoke cost. If you do, it's sacrificed when it enters the battlefield)

1/1

And basically make green full of (mostly sorcery speed since instant search would make Invoke impossible to play against) search effects and creatures with Invoke. Not sure how it would work out in practice, but library searching is the one thing we haven't really looked at and it would help give green a totally different identity to Blue.

Why do yo have to sac it? You can make a few creatures like panglacial wurm. 

I hadn't really even thought about actually casting them - that might be just as good if not better!

James Mills said:

Why do yo have to sac it? You can make a few creatures like panglacial wurm. 

Sounds like an effect we would only want one or two of rather than making it a theme. But sounds cool for a few cards.

I have my annual hangover so I'm not sure I'm going to achieve very much today.

Anyone want to Cockatrice it up?  I am curious about these G cards.

Lol, what did you get up to last night?

Thomas David Baker said:

I have my annual hangover so I'm not sure I'm going to achieve very much today.

Anyone want to Cockatrice it up?  I am curious about these G cards.

I was at a wedding.  They played songs.  Nobody puts Baker in the corner.

For the record our discussed breakdown for the "final" set is:

3 x 80 commons (14 per color + 10 colorless)

2 x 36 uncommons (6 per color + 6 colorless?)

1 x 24 rares (4 per color + 4 colorless/multicolored??)

That's 336 not 360 because we are thinking of modern boosters with the basic land.

I also went in and added the last couple of things we didn't remember from our playtesting the other day.

I agree with your breakdowns, going to be real hard to cut down the uncommons, I'll start to have a look today. I should be around most of the day so shoot me message on DT if you wan to play Tom.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service