Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

We are doing this in our Multiverse app:

http://mv.bluebones.net/

(Old shared Google spreadsheet for this is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag7TtjWsLhYkdHBBUHF4RG... )

Channel Fireball just did Top 8 Mechanics:

* Retrace

* Dredge

* Landfall (not for attacking like Steppe Lynx - Grazing Gladehart and Roil Elemental style)

* Scry

* Flashback

* Kicker

* Flying

* Cycling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiNNg5aj-xo

I wonder if we could use that, or some of that, as the basis of You Make the Set 5.  I know that some of you were keen on Landfall.

Not sure when we would play it out but some time in late May probably?

Views: 3903

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would love to help out but I only have this Saturday free until the 2nd weekend of August, afterwards I am free

Definitely up for a prerelease. Alternate art Bone Beast for all participants! Will be around this weekend (we could do the sunday so as not to interfere with the release) and probably the one after but away the next two. Before we can do anything, though, we need to decide on the final definite cuts (or I could just make 'executive decisions' if democracy fails again) and we need a name for the set so we can put the 'X SET' PRERELEASE up as an event!

I thought the set was called The Five Towers (TFT)?

Is there no release event on Sunday?  Sunday "prerelease" might work then?

I'm free this Saturday, but not Sunday unfortunately, and next week busy on the Saturday but probably free on the Sunday.

I had named the MSE file "Towerfall", but thinking on it our set doesn't really tell that story, especially as we have no flavour text yet!

Regarding final cuts, we are pretty close I think, maybe if Baker puts his likes/dislikes in also that would probably give us enough to make a decision.

is alternate art "Bone Beast" a pic of your schlong?  If so that really would be a "rare" find

Kieran Symington said:

Definitely up for a prerelease. Alternate art Bone Beast for all participants! Will be around this weekend (we could do the sunday so as not to interfere with the release) and probably the one after but away the next two. Before we can do anything, though, we need to decide on the final definite cuts (or I could just make 'executive decisions' if democracy fails again) and we need a name for the set so we can put the 'X SET' PRERELEASE up as an event!
Those are available only if participants "work together to unlock the mysteries of the 'Helvault'".

If we actually did this on release day it looks like we'd have more players than at any other time! Though we'd need to make final cuts now and get the rest printed. Otherwise, we can just do some final playtesting after I finish scrubbing out at the release (or Chaos Badger it up!).

Well if we make the cuts today, and our office printer gets repaired, I can probably print it out tonight, and bring it on Saturday.

I would happily forego the release event to play our set and/or Chaos Badger, but I understand that might not be to everyone's taste.

I can actually make this Saturday

Just cut some things I'm fairly certain were on the way out. Now gone are KNOWLEDGE FROM THE VOID, RALLYING CRY, WILD MURLODONT, BURN THE LIBRARY and ECHO OF THE PHOENIX.

That leaves us with a Black, White and Green rare and a Green uncommon to go! Not too bad!

Ah, I actually like Wild Murlodont, but I understand hard cuts had to be made.

My thoughts on the other cuts:

SONG OF ANARA - I do like it but don't think it offers enough as a rare

VILE MIMIC - similarly I think this is a waste of a rare, very flavourful, but not really that powerful and not related to the themes of the set

CYCLOPEAN COMMANDER - him or Scion of Arges but Scion has two likes, Commander has none

ARCTOTHEIR DYNAST - toughest cut as I like this guy, but if we want green to be the aggro colour it needs a good 2 drop with some kind of combat relative ability, and Boa fills that slot

Saturday's release event starts at midday and "doors close" at 11pm.

So we could do our thing at 5pm on Saturday?  Does that work?

Works for me. Two releases on the same day - sweet!

Now give us your opinions on cuts Baker!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service