Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

We are doing this in our Multiverse app:

http://mv.bluebones.net/

(Old shared Google spreadsheet for this is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag7TtjWsLhYkdHBBUHF4RG... )

Channel Fireball just did Top 8 Mechanics:

* Retrace

* Dredge

* Landfall (not for attacking like Steppe Lynx - Grazing Gladehart and Roil Elemental style)

* Scry

* Flashback

* Kicker

* Flying

* Cycling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiNNg5aj-xo

I wonder if we could use that, or some of that, as the basis of You Make the Set 5.  I know that some of you were keen on Landfall.

Not sure when we would play it out but some time in late May probably?

Views: 3903

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agree 100% Ross but all of those examples are overpowered!  Think Commons!

Agree they were silly, but clearly we can make green feeling things that are less silly

Thomas David Baker said:

a flat NO from me

ross miles said:

Agree they were silly, but clearly we can make green feeling things that are less silly

Thomas David Baker said:

I think green could have Kinship or a version of the ability that cares about type or colour. Type is better for multicolour decks whilst colour would work better with Unite and give the set a more cohesive 'colour matters' theme to go with the 'library matters' theme. Cards a bit like this:

Bearcaller 4G
Creature - Human Druid
Uncommon
At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal the top card of your library. If a (creature card/green card) is revealed this way, put a 2/2 green bear creature token onto the battlefield
2/2

Or just do straight Kinship, make him a bear and have him cost 2!
Just did a massive cull of my own stuff - anything I thought wasn't interesting enough has been removed. Hopefully I didn't accidentally remove anyone else's designs by mistake!

OK I just added every card (and reprint!) that I had lurking in files.

We're up to 239 cards.  113 Commons, 84 Uncommons (my fault), 28 Rares, 6 Mythics (shall we just not have Mythics?), 1 Super Mythic

Now I'm going to go through and review everyone else's cards and add some comments ...

snap - review time

I wouldn't have removed them, let others see your dull designs and critique them :-)

Seriously though I think that we probably need some dull cards, not every card can be a winner all the time. Plus you never know when a card you think is dull is actually amazing to somebody else.

Kieran Symington said:

Just did a massive cull of my own stuff - anything I thought wasn't interesting enough has been removed. Hopefully I didn't accidentally remove anyone else's designs by mistake!

nothing wrong with vanilla dudes and boring basic spells - not everything has to be shiny

Simon O'Keeffe said:

I wouldn't have removed them, let others see your dull designs and critique them :-)

Seriously though I think that we probably need some dull cards, not every card can be a winner all the time. Plus you never know when a card you think is dull is actually amazing to somebody else.

Kieran Symington said:

My retrace stuff tried its very hardest to be simple.  One of them has already been banned by two commenters without playtesting, though!

I don't think we need playtesting to tell us that a spell that says "all your land draws are counterspells" is pretty busted. Imagine if your opponent has that in their graveyard - you can't play any spells into open mana because all the cards in their hand might be counterspells! The retrace bounce spell has me worried as well.

Just make it a sorcery, then it becomes a nice skill tester...

Kieran Symington said:

I don't think we need playtesting to tell us that a spell that says "all your land draws are counterspells" is pretty busted. Imagine if your opponent has that in their graveyard - you can't play any spells into open mana because all the cards in their hand might be counterspells! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service