Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

So, what's the plan for this.  I'll either clear out Multiverse or add multiple set capability to it in the next few days.

But let's do some predesign(tm).  What's the plan for this set?

What's the theme?

Update: Multiverse now has the Wedges set in it.  Please do contribute - all are welcome to add cards or just comment on cards created by others!

Views: 959

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heavenly Kingdom of Peace is the best name ever.

Is it possible to do Hybrid (or the  2/r type mana) on Multiverse?

Not yet I think. I did mention it to Tom earlier in the thread, so hopefully it is on the dev list :-)

In the meantime just put the cost you want in the comments.

Russell Davies said:

Is it possible to do Hybrid (or the  2/r type mana) on Multiverse?

Actually hybrid is already possible with (2/R)(W/R) etc.  Works lowercase or uppercase.

Is that not the standard notation?

Or, different question, what doesn't work about it?

Ah okay, looks like I missed the brackets when I tried it. Works fine now!

Thomas David Baker said:

Actually hybrid is already possible with (2/R)(W/R) etc.  Works lowercase or uppercase.

Is that not the standard notation?

Hurray!

Holy hell those cards in the Multiverse are complicated.

Going to add some 2/2s with Vigilance ...

Yeah, I figured with not having to worry about selling the set to people who have been playing magic for < 6 weeks, we could afford some complexity.. Rav was my favourite limited format, and definitely had the most complex cards/interactions I can remember...  ;)

So I think we need to have a discussion on what kind of speed we want the format to be. Are we going for a 'standard' cube style where cards are very efficient for their mana cost, or do we want to recreate more of a Ravnica style speed, where games develop a little slower and 6 mana 2/2s are still good cards!

The choice will make a big difference to casting costs, p/t, and lands we design.

I think we want a format where the drafting decisions are interesting and the games are interesting.

To me that means multiple possible archetypes (not just aggro and control) and a format that is on the slow side (but not completely without viable aggro).

Also I think that we err so far to the side of complexity that even though this is a super expert set we need to be careful with complexity especially on-board complexity.

What we really need to do is to set the format up so that the aggro decks are quick enough to beat the control decks, but will be held off long enough by the more midrange decks to let them take over, which in turn are beaten by the control decks who have a superior long game. We certainly need to make aggro viable, but not too powerful, and probably concentrated in one or two colour pairings.

I'm really not sure about making cards to fit architypes is a good idea, that was the issue with the last one when building we worked on cards for certain decks and ended up having drafts with no variation, I would suggest stearing clear of this plan.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service