Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

Where: County Hotel
When: Monday July 5th 6pm (probable)
What: See Below

* You design and submit 45 Magic cards in Magic Set Editor format by Friday 2nd July to bakert@gmail.com
* I print them, or you can if you have the facilities.
* On Monday 5th evening we cut them up, sleeve them and draft them.  (It was pretty boring cutting and sleeving 360 cards last time ... I'll bring a few pairs of scissors and we should be able to do it fairly swiftly prior to the draft.  I made the start time 6pm to allow for this.)
* What can possibly go wrong?

If you want to participate, sign up below.  I'm not particularly interested in limiting it to 8 and would rather include everyone who wants to be included, although possibly interest level is not enough to take us above 8.

Draft A - Color Centric
1. Thomas David Baker (mostly Black)
2. Kieran "Call Me Lola" Symington (mostly Red/White)
8. Gary Lynch (extra Blue)
11. Glenn Goldsworthy (mostly Green)

Draft B - Balanced Sets
9. Simon O'Keefe
13. Warren Vonk
3. Thom Richardson

Not Assigned
4. Ross Miles
5. Ben Titmarsh
6. Daniel Royde
7. Dan Barrett
10. Ed Gamble
12. Rik Powell
14. Paul Hodgson
15. Benjamin Lei

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

£2 Coins FTW!

Simon Baldwin said:
The blog Inkwell Looter does some interesting images of Magic Art for anyone looking for a few pictures: http://inkwelllooter.blogspot.com/

Eg:

Vengawallet 2GG

At the Beginning of your End Step, put a coin on Vengawallet. Vewngawallet gets +1/+1 for each £1 of value on it
2/2

Warren Vonk said:
I agree with this.
Artwork should be mandatory, or else we're just playing with bits of paper with lines of text on them...
Kieran Symington said:
I agree with Thom that the cards really need artwork. The ones that didn't have any last time just seemed less appealing in the draft - I found I was mostly just putting them at the back of the pack automatically without looking at them. I'm just that shallow.
Here's an idea -

After this round of YMTS, let's pool all the cards into a Poll, and create a proper full-sized set by common/uncommon/rare/mythic as voted for by Demonic Tutor?
I like this idea

Warren Vonk said:
Here's an idea -

After this round of YMTS, let's pool all the cards into a Poll, and create a proper full-sized set by common/uncommon/rare/mythic as voted for by Demonic Tutor?
Seems good - though a lot of cards in the first set had no rarity so we'd have to assign some for them. Also, there will probably be loads more rares than there are of any other rarity so we might have to move the numbers a bit....

Warren Vonk said:
Here's an idea -

It doesn't really matter how many rares or whatever there are, as the set will only allow a certain number of rares to be voted into it depending on the set number layout - same for the other rarities.

Perhaps for the second round of YMTS, the following should be mandatory:

1] Rarity
2] Images

Kieran Symington said:
Seems good - though a lot of cards in the first set had no rarity so we'd have to assign some for them. Also, there will probably be loads more rares than there are of any other rarity so we might have to move the numbers a bit....
Warren Vonk said:
Here's an idea -

Early warning. I'm probably going to be in the US Jun 30 to Jul 11 now. You'll either have to do it without me or we'll postpone to Monday Jul 12 or Tuesday Jul 13 depending on printers and logistics.
You could always bring it forward to the 28th/29th - that's probably enough time for everyone to be ready, especially as quite a few people have theirs done already.

Thomas David Baker said:
Early warning. I'm probably going to be in the US Jun 30 to Jul 11 now. You'll either have to do it without me or we'll postpone to Monday Jul 12 or Tuesday Jul 13 depending on printers and logistics.
And miss 1H v 2G or 2H v 1G?

That could be Brazil v Spain for a place in the quarter finals ...
Or it could be North Korea v Switzerland. Though those two matches do have the highest potential for excitement in that round. Damn it!

Thomas David Baker said:
And miss 1H v 2G or 2H v 1G?

That could be Brazil v Spain for a place in the quarter finals ...
Let me know if you're moving it to 12th July as I'll be in France then.
I'm not sure whether I'd be able to make the 12th either, moving house on the 17th not sure what stage ill be in the packing and cleaning process.
I think you guys just go ahead and do it without me.

The only issue is printing/sleeving, etc. Can you cope without me? If I'm going to print I'd have to bring the deadline forward to before I leave (probably June 30). I can always post the printed proxies to someone. I'm sure you can manage sleeves and old commons. Let's wait until my trip is definite and has definite dates to decide.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service