Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

EDH (Elder Dragon Highlander) has been gaining a bit of traction at the club recently. It's a fun format thats more like limited that constructed - only using your folders of old bomb rares! For a description of the format and official rules see here:

http://csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~geduggan/EDH_rules.html

Jason mentioned a while back that if we get enough people who are keen he would consider running EDH tournaments (probably on saturdays). So sleeve up a 100 cards and get involved.

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sanctioned events mean real cards. That counts me (King of the Proxies) out, sadly.
It would be nice to see some more decks around for before/after draft games, even if we never get the tournaments.

Before a tide of EDH converts sign up, people who want to play should post their generals - having two the same would cause a rather obvious problem!

I currently have Mayael The Anima (for competitive play) and Norin The Wary (for casual multiplayer action).
Mine would be Rofellos, Oona and Scion of the Ur-Dragon. Kresh has been disbanded!
I have overpowered combo nonsense in the form of Vorosh, the Hunter (tends to be a big target in multiplayer) and Azami, Lady of Scrolls but I'm not sure it can do anything other than lose so far ...
Highlander is an infinitely greater format than EDH. It has a more fair banlist...
www.highlandermagic.info
That Ginger One said:
Highlander is an infinitely greater format than EDH. It has a more fair banlist...
www.highlandermagic.info

I disagree, regular Highlander doesnt ban Kokusho or Recurring Nightmare. But anyway you are really just arguing the toss with the banned lists, some cards are missing from one list, some from the other - the differences are not dramatic, especially in a 100 card singleton format (even with tutors).

The general provides an interesting dynamic thats lacking in regular highlander, and gives you a focus for the deck. It also means you don't just put the 100 most broken cards of all time together, but look to add otherwise unassuming combo pieces that work well with your general.

EDH is where it's at.
Actually, my EDH decks are all highlander combo decks with an on color genral. OR child or alara <3

Ben Titmarsh said:
That Ginger One said:
www.highlandermagic.info

I disagree, regular Highlander doesnt ban Kokusho or Recurring Nightmare. But anyway you are really just arguing the toss with the banned lists, some cards are missing from one list, some from the other - the differences are not dramatic, especially in a 100 card singleton format (even with tutors).

The general provides an interesting dynamic thats lacking in regular highlander, and gives you a focus for the deck. It also means you don't just put the 100 most broken cards of all time together, but look to add otherwise unassuming combo pieces that work well with your general.

EDH is where it's at.
although i realise im mostly take the fun out of it. But infi comboes are amazing. My favorite one is regrettably not viable in edh..
Highlander is fairer and doesn't have silly colour restrictions, If I played EDH I would run a 5 colour general and then never cast it. Such a terrible format
If we have to play EDH, can we play house rule-Nephelim count as legendary? Its fun, and they make fun generals..
you mean, it gives you more generals than just horde of notions? :)

That Ginger One said:
If we have to play EDH, can we play house rule-Nephelim count as legendary? Its fun, and they make fun generals..
No, you get to lighning helix ink treader for infin life..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service