Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

So...

I heard smatterings of some huge legacy tournament in France with a Bazhaar as prize for 20th place?!

If true, where and when?!

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bazaar of Moxen - the weekend after GP Lyon. Link below

http://www.bazaar-of-moxen.com/magic-events-T1-legacy-mtg-tournamen...

Most of the legacy players cannot make it - but it sounds AWESOME!
Competetive EDH with prize support, sweet :D

Amar Dattani said:
Bazaar of Moxen - the weekend after GP Lyon. Link below

http://www.bazaar-of-moxen.com/magic-events-T1-legacy-mtg-tournamen...

Most of the legacy players cannot make it - but it sounds AWESOME!
Yeah, I really wish I could make this, but I'd have to come straight from work on Friday and by the time I get to the airport the shuttle buses have all stopped D:
I am getting time off work for this - whats good in edh anybody? Figured I'd just play goblins in legacy and pike a vintage deck.

If anyone is interested in coming my friend used to live in annecy so he will know a good place to crash, and travelling together will make things marginally cheaper.

Also, anyone know magicmadhousemike's number?

xxx
http://www.magicmadhouse.co.uk/catalog/contact_us.php?osCsid=2738e9...

Rob Wagner said:
I am getting time off work for this - whats good in edh anybody? Figured I'd just play goblins in legacy and pike a vintage deck.

If anyone is interested in coming my friend used to live in annecy so he will know a good place to crash, and travelling together will make things marginally cheaper.

xxx
I can give you good EDH lists, as can probably Tom Reeve, he won the UK/Ireland judges convention EDH tourney with his 5c Planeswalker/geddon deck. What kind of deck you want?

Rob Wagner said:

xxx
I think the format is 1v1 rather than multiplayer, best of 3 and no sideboards.

I was thinking GW gaddock teeg and a load of tutorable answers to all the silliness, with the life combo built in (worthy cause and momentous fall or whatever its called) since there are loads of solid creatures and ways to mess with combo decks.
Teeg is a pretty silly general; when hes good, he is unfair, but when he is bad my god he is awful. Radha with LD is pretty good in 1 on 1, or there are several unfair combo decks me and rob stanj have built in the past, and you can make some pretty sweet turbomana decks, because there are so many good big spells.. what banned list, out of interest?
The one on the BoM website -

braids
rofellos
erayo

then the usual stuff, p9, ante cards, necro.

I figured I might just play UB with wydwen - don't really need to play any other creatures as I can just 21 them with wydwen and it protects itself anyway - playing vendilion, venser and psychatog as well. Other than that its just removal and permission and card draw.

Would LD look something like

:accel:
birds
chrome mox
3 elf
joraga treespeaker
devoted druid

:ld:

raze
boom/bust
stone rain
ice storm
cryoclasm
demolish
creeping mold
reap and sow
detritivore
lay waste
molten rain
mwonwuli acid-moss
pillage
roiling terrain
thermokarst
winter's grasp
wreak havok
avalanche riders

:Good stuff:

bloodbraid elf
lightning bolt
terravore
tarmogoyf
flametongue kavu
great sable stag
deus of calamity
slith firewalker
magma jet
incinerate
chain lightning
siege-gang commander
master of the wild hunt
zo-zu
viridian shaman
viridian zealot

actually this seems pretty good.... hmmmm dammit now I don't know what to play.
LD tends to just me aggro decks with LD spells as back up; so something abit like that. That seems pretty good, but you might run out of gas; more than about 10 LD spells is probably overdoing it, as long as the rest of your cards are aggressive.Also, you dont run 2 drop accelerants because you always want to make Radha as your turn 2. With that ban list, RW moon/magus of moon/Price of Progress aggro is probably pretty sick too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service