Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

i was just thinking about this in the bath so dont go hating!
Mill is bad in legacy and rarely shines in standard but what about modern? its still a virgin format and i bet  more cards will be band as the PTQ seasons comes to a close.

the mill cards;

4 archive trap (mill 13)
4 glimpse the unthinkable (10)

4 snapcaster to re-use these.

stall cards would be;
4 cryptic command
4 repeal
4 remand
4 mana Leak

i really like these in a deck like this as they all help take the pressure off while re-filling your hand. plus they all work nicely with snapcaster.

the land would look something like this;
10 islands
4 D. cats
4 darkslick S
3 N drownyard
3-4 utility lands

im sure jace B should be in here somewhere. this all adds up to 52 cards and the 2-3 jace for 55. I've never played mill so i dont know any other mill cards. maybe ypu all could make some suggestions. i will print this deck out and give it some games.

Views: 290

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

isn't this just going to be worse than Sanity Grinding? Glimpse just seems terrible by comparison and requires splashing a colour. 

I don't think you can Snapcaster an Archive Trap the way you want to :(.

Damnation is probably solid. This deck seems terrible against Past in Flames though :)

@ phill, I had no idea sanity grinding was a card! Your right, mono blue seems better.
@ Louis, I knew snappy couldn't cast archive for 0 but against some decks that seems fine.

Louis Mackie said:

I don't think you can Snapcaster an Archive Trap the way you want to :(.

Damnation is probably solid. This deck seems terrible against Past in Flames though :)

Roy i am a long standing fan of Sanity Grinding. a few years back i had been out of the game entirely for about 2 years and knew nothing about the standard metagame at all, but randomly built a Sanity Grinding deck and ended up taking down a nationals qualifier with it when i had no idea what anyone else's cards did lol. apparently the biggest decks were tokens (B/W, G/W, Boat Brew etc) and 5CC, all of which were complete byes for the deck!

seems a bit of a risky gambit with Eldrazi existing now though, not sure what your game plan is surrounding them. Sadly Extract is not legal :(

Snapcaster Sanity Grinding seems FINE

Could you surgical extraction it while the trigger is on the stack? 
Plus, if you look at the top modern decks at the mo, none of them run eldrazi. 

Philip Dickinson said:

Roy i am a long standing fan of Sanity Grinding. a few years back i had been out of the game entirely for about 2 years and knew nothing about the standard metagame at all, but randomly built a Sanity Grinding deck and ended up taking down a nationals qualifier with it when i had no idea what anyone else's cards did lol. apparently the biggest decks were tokens (B/W, G/W, Boat Brew etc) and 5CC, all of which were complete byes for the deck!

seems a bit of a risky gambit with Eldrazi existing now though, not sure what your game plan is surrounding them. Sadly Extract is not legal :(

Yes, but they'd still shuffle their Graveyard into their Library.

Oh man im totally running Mono U sanity grinding at modern PTQ's... plumeveil anyone?

That shits bitching! 

Guess you got to try everything once!

Charlie Grover said:

Oh man im totally running Mono U sanity grinding at modern PTQ's... plumeveil anyone?

turn 1 shelldock isle

turn 2 island, boomerang your land

boom. gg.

Can play 8 of them too with Eye of Nowhere!

Philip Dickinson said:

turn 1 shelldock isle

turn 2 island, boomerang your land

boom. gg.

lol when I was reading the title I thought this might be a thread on James Mills - and then I read Mills is crap in legacy and standard but he might be good in modern. rofl

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service