Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

I hung out with Geoff (Fletcher, Games Club alumni) and his New Zealand crew at GP Oakland and he showed me his secret Standard tech. It wasn't that secret as they used it to win two boxes in the Standard queues side events on the Sunday :) They're running Bant with a one-of Basilisk Collar, Vapor Snare in the sideboard, Emeria Angel in the main and they can do some fun things with Knight of the Reliquary and Sejiri Steppe/other lands.

Anyway, he's Q'ed for San Diego (which is why he was over) and has won his first round. Although his country is down as New Zealand on the coverage as that's where he Q'ed from :(

Dan Gardner, Dan Prosek, Stephen Murray and Matteo Orsini-Jones won their first rounds, too. John Randle and Andrew Edwards lost. I don't think I actually know Dan P, Stephen or Andrew but they are marked with an "[ENG]" so I'm rooting for them anyway :)

I'm also following my favorite gravy trainers PV (won) and Olivier (lost, playing TurboFog).

I have a stinking cold and I'm lying in bed. I wish this was on ggslive!

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dan Gardner and Geoff only 2-0 Brits after round 2.
Jack Ho is listed as from singapore but qualified and lives in England, he is 2-0 aswell.
Jack ftw!
Geoff loses. Jack and Dan G win.
Jack on Table 1 for the last round of Standard.

Dan G also 4-0 on Table 11.
Chapin, Nassif, Heezy, Rietzel (sp?) all 4-1 or better with: Halimar Depths, Jace the Mindsculptor, Treasure Hunt, Scalding Tarn, Island, Cancel, Everflowing Chalice, Path to Exile, Mind Spring ...

Jack lost the last round of Standard to Craig Wescoe on Table 1 be 4-1 going into draft.
Dan G 5-0'ed Standard.
Dan G (7-1), Jack (5-3), Matteo O-J (5-3), Jon Randle (5-3) and Stephen Murray (5-3) all made day 2.

Geoff went 1-2 in draft and is out.

The Jace deck with a single Iona as the lone maindeck creature seems to have performed the best but it had pretty great pilots.
Dan G on Table 4 for Round 12 at 9-2. 2-1'ed both drafts. Matteo O-J, Stephen Murray and Jack Ho 7-4, Jon Randle 6-5.

Dan G feature match on wizards ... http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/even... ... it's not very interesting as he is mana screwed and then Woodcrasher-ed.
Dan G reward for going to 11-2 (not 100% sure he won Round 13 but seems likely) is a feature match vs. 13-0 LSV.
He won game 1 ... http://img390.yfrog.com/i/ecxfy.jpg/

Thomas David Baker said:
Dan G reward for going to 11-2 (not 100% sure he won Round 13 but seems likely) is a feature match vs. 13-0 LSV.
Final positions for Day 2 UK players:

Dan G 19th 11-4 (lost the last two rounds ... win in either round meant Top 8)
Jack 53rd 10-5
Matteo 63rd 10-5
Stephen Murray 109th 8-7
Jon R 121st 8-7

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service