Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

with all this serious Judge rubbish going on I though we should mention the reason they are even involved, tell us your best stories of general cheating, bending the rules or even just straight up shenanigans you've ever witnessed. Just trying to lighten the mood a little

Mine would be a guy in a draft of shards block sitting on Nick Taylors left, played him in round 2 and played 5 rares, at the end of the match Nick called a judge as Nick had 4 rares and thought it strange that a) none were foil and b) he certainly didn't pass some of the booms, after a quick count up around the players it turned out that there were 13 rares out of the 8 boosters. He has since left the country (probably not for this reason)

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Crispin throwing his deck at someone after losing at an FNM in Oxford (he REALLY hates netdecks!)

James stealing champagne and food at Gravesend last year, refusing to leave the judge station and falling asleep.

Gary falling asleep at Nationals in Brighton, given a game loss for tardiness as a result.

On numerous occasions seeing people get game losses for playing cards not even in the format. (a bit sad really...)

Getting a game (or was it match?) loss against Dan Vaughan for accidentally shuffling some cards in to my deck face up, and they were all lands, so it fell under marked cards - pattern. What a stupid noob mistake.

Getting a penalty at an MK FNM for admitting to the judge i only had 59 cards in my deck at the beginning of game 2 - then recounting and realising i had 60.

Royde constantly asking for spectators to asked to leave the play area so he could do his "howling mine thing"

Being hit over the back of the head on several different occasions by a judge for shouting.
i saw kieran masturbating during a draft once.
I did hear of something absolutely spectacular at the 2hg gp where in there an opponents turn with them swinging for the win one of the team inquestion stood up and started shouting the most random gibberish to nobody in perticular and pointing behind where there opponents were, the obviously turned round and looked for this mystical creature, meanwhile the other team member hand a mooch through there deck and get the required answer out. Now I believe this was a foreign team and only heard from someone on there table. When all died back down they swung lost a load of guys and the match = Massive shenanigans
I think my favourite is still Steve asking a Judge to stop watching his game as he 'wanted to discuss something with his opponent in private', then appealing when he was turned down :D
I remember at a Mirrodon release event back in SA some numbnuts tried to smuggle in a core set Shatter into his sealed pool.

When caught in the top 8, he claimed it was a 'print run error' and he was entitled to play with it...

IDIOT.
I remember the old prize split discussions they were always genius. I remember hearing about 1 where a guy won having offered a prize split to each of his top 8 opponents if they took the loss, I seem to recall he didn't make his money back (the prize used to be £500), hence flights being a marked improvement
I quite like Geoff Fletcher's PT: Berlin where he drew off the top of his library only to see one of his tokens looking back at him. (He called a judge on himself and got a warning.)
I had that against Cullahn once.Start of g2 he goes.. "charlie, i seem to have 3 x faerie tokens in my hand". nice warning.
I once saw Ross masturbating Kieran during a draft.

ross miles said:
I once caught a player who in a A/B/C booster draft had something like 18 cards from set A, 17 from set B and 12 from set C. On interview, he said he must have got the cards "mixed up" with his collection while he was sleeving them... hmm...
I would call shenanigans on that one.
There was a player at my local club who was clearly taking a crab card from the booster then taking 2 from the next and replacing 1, we used to get packs with dodgy card numbers all the time, it finally came back to haunt him when once he got a big trainwrecked and got a little confused and passed his entire first booster of picks and kept his second booster, he only noticed when the pack tabled and he thought these look a little familair.
There's nothing in the rules that says you can't pleasure yourself/a friend under the table during a draft provided you're not communicating. And considering I don't want to have to spak to - or even look at - Ross while he does this nobody can complain.

Mark Walker said:
I once saw Ross masturbating Kieran during a draft.

ross miles said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service