Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

Hey guys,

www.SubmitYourDraft.com is finally available!  I'd really appreciate it if you guys could check it out, have a play around and let me know what you think.  You can use the site in one of two ways:

1. Submit your own MODO drafts, instructions are here: http://www.submityourdraft.com/faq

If you choose to do this, your draft will be available for rating by the rest of the community.

2. Critique other peoples drafts.  On a pick-by-pick basis you can decide if you agree or disgaree.  This will cause the pick to get a rating, modify the overall draft rating and modify the members overall rating.

If you don't want to do either of these, then feel free to just check it out and read the draft recaps.  However, signing up will literally take 30 seconds of your time, no email confirmations or anything painful like that, just the basic details.  Register here: http://www.submityourdraft.com/register

While using the site, if you get an error page, then the problem will be automatically flagged with me.  For all other issues, cosmetic, usability, suggestions etc then please leave me a message here or send me an email: ben.titmarsh@hotmail.co.uk

I'm hoping to build up a bit of a community of contributors and critics.  So to kick it all off, I've submitted a couple of my own drafts.  Please head over to submityourdraft.com and let me know what you think.  I look forward to your comments!

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just uploaded a draft for the first time and obviously missed a check box somewhere- listed the draft as 8-4 when in fact I'm a scrubby 4322er. Is it possible to change it?
Fixed this for you Dan. Coming soon - the ability to edit stuff like this!

Daniel Royde said:
I just uploaded a draft for the first time and obviously missed a check box somewhere- listed the draft as 8-4 when in fact I'm a scrubby 4322er. Is it possible to change it?
I'm guessing it must be an M10 draft?

:D

Daniel Royde said:
How much of the rating is changed for the last few picks of the packs? I presume it should be negligible because everyone will be voting for different things (e.g.: land vs. carnage altar vs. scythe tiger) when it has no impact on the draft.
At the moment it's all equal. I was thinking of changing it though so that the picks are weighted, i.e. the first pick of each pack gets 15 points, second 14 points, third 13 points etc. OR maybe less fine grained, so the first 5 picks get 3 points, picks 6-10 get 2 points and the last 5 get 1 point.

These weightings are then multiplied by the rating and divided accordingly. Meaning the more points a pick has, the more impact it has on the final rating. Thoughts??

Allan Chong said:
How much of the rating is changed for the last few picks of the packs? I presume it should be negligible because everyone will be voting for different things (e.g.: land vs. carnage altar vs. scythe tiger) when it has no impact on the draft.
I think the latter works better - the one with the ranges. The first few picks of each pack has a lot more choice and (generally) more powerful cards to choose from, meaning they will have a lot more importance in the draft then later picks. I suppose an argument could be made for less weightings for later packs, but I don't think there's enough of a different to have it. One argument for the first pick gets 15, second 14 etc is that it punishes people more for rare drafting early on, I guess that could be argued either way though.

Ben Titmarsh said:
At the moment it's all equal. I was thinking of changing it though so that the picks are weighted, i.e. the first pick of each pack gets 15 points, second 14 points, third 13 points etc. OR maybe less fine grained, so the first 5 picks get 3 points, picks 6-10 get 2 points and the last 5 get 1 point.

These weightings are then multiplied by the rating and divided accordingly. Meaning the more points a pick has, the more impact it has on the final rating. Thoughts??

Allan Chong said:
An alternative is to supply a "this pick doesn't matter" button and weight all picks that "matter" equally. First pack you might disagree with Machete over Nighthawk or some other even closer pick, whereas later on you might be disagreeing with something crazed like Scythe Tiger over Primal Bellow, so it doesn't necessarily follow that you should get more points for earlier agreements. You could go so far as to provide some way to say, "I'm disagreeing but it's marginal" but that's probably overcomplicating it.
I think your site hates me.

Tried to submit a draft and got error with draft mapping. Tried more than once. Tried logging out and in again, didnt work. Tried closing Explorer and starting again but that didnt work either.
Yup, definitely need an "I am a doofus" button that hangs around for 15 minutes or so.

So far in my jetlagged review of Kieran's draft I have mistaken Tideforce Element for Ruin Ghost and Predatory Urge for I'm not sure what plus chosen a 6th bounce spell over a quality 2 drop. 5-15 mins of edit time would help a lot ...
I think it should stay as it is. Always funny to see you having to explain your crazy picks later - even if it brings my rating down. At least you didn't suggest a first pick Boots!

Thomas David Baker said:
Yup, definitely need an "I am a doofus" button that hangs around for 15 minutes or so.

So far in my jetlagged review of Kieran's draft I have mistaken Tideforce Element for Ruin Ghost and Predatory Urge for I'm not sure what plus chosen a 6th bounce spell over a quality 2 drop. 5-15 mins of edit time would help a lot ...
Pick Deletion (non time restricted) is currently in place on my development version. Just need to tidy up a few other bits (and find some time!) and i'll get it out there.

Thomas David Baker said:

Ben, would you consider repeating the summary of picks to date, but showing what the current logged in user has selected instead? If I start off with picking a card from a different colour, and then go further into that colour "my" draft (esp pack 1) looks wildly different to the poster's. It would be nice to be able to see this visual comparison, and could help with examining my own pick orders in reference to the original.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service