Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

We are doing this in our Multiverse app:

http://mv.bluebones.net/

(Old shared Google spreadsheet for this is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag7TtjWsLhYkdHBBUHF4RG... )

Channel Fireball just did Top 8 Mechanics:

* Retrace

* Dredge

* Landfall (not for attacking like Steppe Lynx - Grazing Gladehart and Roil Elemental style)

* Scry

* Flashback

* Kicker

* Flying

* Cycling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiNNg5aj-xo

I wonder if we could use that, or some of that, as the basis of You Make the Set 5.  I know that some of you were keen on Landfall.

Not sure when we would play it out but some time in late May probably?

Views: 3904

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mythic B Gone!

Don't worry, Temporal Apercher is still Mythic (kind of)

Oh and Centaurs are the in thing this summer.

Okay I have tried out Cockatrice and got a sealed deck on there. I had to add Basic Lands to our set as it seemed to be the easiest way to get them available. Going to try another sealed to give me something to test against solo.

Sweet!  Let the Cockatrice battles commence!

BIG UPDATE to Multiverse this morning.  Initial page loads are now significantly smaller and you can now edit cards from anywhere.  The card data gets loaded when you click the card name instead of being in the page already.  If you find this slow or annoying let me know.  There are possibly bugs lurking in this but it is much nicer when you are on profile/stats/sealed/other pages.  I also implemented Simon's request to leave the dialog closed after an edit - let me know if you like that or preferred it the other way.

I added Alpha basic lands to the Cockatrice export and removed ours.  We might want to change that back (and add Basic Land as a rarity) if/when we add art to Multiverse.

Great stuff Tom.

Is there any way we can remove/archive some of the designs we definitely don't need anymore?

For example Future Beast and UG Mage #2 and Aether Adept Redux are all cards that have other versions that are better. Maybe we institute a 3 dislikes and your out policy?

Just would help with trimming the fat and for generating sealed pools.

Would be good to get rid of some stuff - especially the ones that are just worse copies of other things. I'm sick of getting Ajani's Mantra when I know it's not going to be in the set!

Also, my comments don't save any more. Not sure what's going on there.

Kieran - are your comments there if you refresh?  I don't update the row after a comment only after an edit but I'll change that if it is confusing.

Simon/Kieran - Ability to retire (cards you initially added only) coming shortly ...

Simon/Kieran - Ability to retire cards is now live.  Also the page updates when you do anything except like or dislike a card.  If you are still having trouble with disappearing comments let me know.  Lots of changes in how things work so there may be bugs.

I retired seven cards.  Felt good :)

My commenting still doesn't work at all. I can Like/Dislike though so I can still do something. Probably just an issue with my work computer though.

Happy to see loads of reprints getting retired. Looks like I win...

i love the centaur creature type

do the permanent reveal cards need to say at the beggining o your upkeep reveal the top card of your library - this would allow portent cards to effectively have flash without being too busted -

if not are we agreed that portent cards essentially have flash if portented - does this mean we need to keep the costs a little higher as you are basically drawing a card and giving creatures etc flash.

or we could word portent that you can play it anytime you could normally play the card (like flashback) but give some creatures/enchantments flash

i am a little worried about the power of having a creature with portent revealed on the top of your library and passing the turn - we have 11 creatures with portent so far

As currently worded, Portent works almost exactly like Miracle. It is triggered on the reveal, and you decide whether to execute that or not.

For cards that permanently reveal the top card of your library, then Portent will trigger when you reveal it for the first time, so almost always during your draw step. I guess the issue is what happens if you have a card that says reveal the top card of your library, and it is already revealed? Does this allow you to trigger Portent again?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service