Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

Good day chaps

I am trying to build a new EDH deck and am trying to come up with something even close to original, started looking at creature types that have enough options and isn't to popular so I have come to the conclusion that CLERICS is clearly the choice.

So firstly any reasonable ideas on splits, land creatures, spells etc

Also I have a list of all the clerics ever printed and am wittling it down slowly but the spells and lands I am having some trouble with.

Any suggestions would be welcome and anyone with some of the older commons that I could nab would be a massive help

cheers

Glenn

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I may or may not have seen a MODO screenshot earlier today of a Divine Intervention trigger on the stack and a freshly-sacrificed Vampire Hexmage in the graveyard...

Philip Dickinson said:
turbo intervention! c'monnnnnnn

yeah sorry glenn, i do love busting out the good ol cleric deck every once in a while (with selenia as the general) although i might wait for the new cleric legend to come out! i recommend beasts (i am currently turning my radha deck more and more beast-themed) or theme decks like counters (mine was experimental kraj) or sphinxes/flyers with Isperia or sharuum. 

and on the note of what others have been saying, i agree: don't build a griefer deck or one that locks people out of playing their cards. edh is about sick plays and by playing cards like winter orb, storm cauldron, hokori, counterspells (in excess) or armageddon variants you aren't allowing others to cast their spells. this doesn't mean you shouldn't make a strong deck with permission (Eugene's savra deck is a perfect example of that, yes it will do broken things but its completely fair and gives you a chance to deal with it)
still none the wiser of which general to pick or which creature type to go for, does anyone have a soldiers deck and if not are there any multi coloured soldiers that are worth busting out

Hey Glenn,

If you fancy a token generator kind of deck, with a sub theme, why not Run Rith the Awakener, with a Saproling theme or even a Halfdane deck with a Shapeshifter theme for pumping fun! Coat of Arms anyone?

Rhys The Redeemed makes for some pretty mental elves/token-based action too!
not sure I can be bothered to carry around loads of dice (have to when I bring the BGD anyway), will come up with something I guess might just instigate operation random general and build from there

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service