Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

I heard a wild chifley appeared and top 8ed....?

Views: 794

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

name dropping son of a bitch

Philip Dickinson said:

i think that the face of uk magic has changed so much over the last several years though, you know?

like i reckon if sam gomersall or nick west showed up to tgc one night very few people would even know who they are.

sometimes it works the other way as well i guess - glenn goldsworthy hasn't been on the pro tour for years but is still widely recognised across the country

I thought you were being tongue in cheek with this randomer stuff!

Funnily enough, if people don't know who you are, than you have to get to know them, is my take on the whole situation.

That Ginger One said:

My opp wasn't cutting so I shuffled a card to the top (I then cut it after he didn't cos I had a change of heart but its still bad)

And phil, I dunno if you are a randomer; you can stop beinga  randomer in a bunch of ways, but its hard for me to tell with people I know. For example, Dan B isnt a randomer cos he networks well, Dan R isnt a random cos he used to be not crap, Chifley isnt a randomer cos he is one of those foreigners no one likes to play in PTQ's cos people think they are better than they are, and im not a randomer cos I did well with fires that one time then everyone knew who I was. FWIW if you used to be actually good then you probably are not a randomer but I dunno whether people know you or not.

Daniel Royde said:

What was the cheat? So we can publicly judge you :)

That Ginger One said:

I dunno, it kinda is. I certianly wasnt in a good frame of mind; I tried to cheat for the first time in 3 years (lost that game anyway thankfully) and was punting infi :/ I didnt care much :P

And imma win a PTQ. I can feel it ;)

BY TEAMDRAFTING MORE!!!!!11!

Paul Nonis said:

Funnily enough, if people don't know who you are, than you have to get to know them, is my take on the whole situation.

That Ginger One said:

My opp wasn't cutting so I shuffled a card to the top (I then cut it after he didn't cos I had a change of heart but its still bad)

And phil, I dunno if you are a randomer; you can stop beinga  randomer in a bunch of ways, but its hard for me to tell with people I know. For example, Dan B isnt a randomer cos he networks well, Dan R isnt a random cos he used to be not crap, Chifley isnt a randomer cos he is one of those foreigners no one likes to play in PTQ's cos people think they are better than they are, and im not a randomer cos I did well with fires that one time then everyone knew who I was. FWIW if you used to be actually good then you probably are not a randomer but I dunno whether people know you or not.

Daniel Royde said:

That Ginger One said:

I dunno, it kinda is. I certianly wasnt in a good frame of mind; I tried to cheat for the first time in 3 years (lost that game anyway thankfully) and was punting infi :/ I didnt care much :P

News just in - Royde wants bigger boys to take his lunch money!
lets moneydraft as a team-building exercise
Dunno about for money, but you me and Josh as a team sounds fun as, even if we don't win.

Philip Dickinson said:
lets moneydraft as a team-building exercise

Mate I've been up for team drafting the last few events, which you have failed to attend!

In the event I scrub out tomorrow, I'll be more than happy to team draft.

Daniel Royde said:

Paul Nonis said:

That Ginger One said:

Daniel Royde said:

That Ginger One said:

I'm not even playing the PTQ- so it's ON!

Paul Nonis said:

Mate I've been up for team drafting the last few events, which you have failed to attend!

In the event I scrub out tomorrow, I'll be more than happy to team draft.

Daniel Royde said:

Paul Nonis said:

That Ginger One said:

Daniel Royde said:

That Ginger One said:

Reading this thread seems so funny today!
Yea, realllly

Nick Lovett said:
Reading this thread seems so funny today!
So I realise this isn't important in anyway but the cambridge PTQ that C Oliver won wasn't her first PTQ:

10-11-2458302, Pro-Tour Qualifier Paris 2011 - London: 2010-11-20 21
7 Warren Vonk Win
6 Carrie H. Oliver Win
5 Eduardo Sajgalik Loss
4 Michael Parker Win
3 Robert Smith Win
2 Sten-robert Pullerits Loss
1 Aaron Shaw Win

Making this: http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/even... not entirely true.

It just seems a weird mistake to make. Or does wizards really want people to think that anyone can just roll up and win a ptq on their first go?
Lol stalker

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service