Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

From the 2nd of May cube will return to MODO for a whole week!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!

Views: 465

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yea, seems sick.

if the finals of "worlds" is cube winston I am going to be very happy indeed

Cube draft should be a PTQ season.

Edit: Obv PTQ Cuba

man that sounds so sweet

I resisted until 5.30pm today!

I tried first picking Lotus Cobra and ended up in Mono G ramp.  Destroyed two of my opponents with early Woodfall Primus or Sundering Titan (never saw Plow Under) but was crushed by t4 and t5 Bloodgift Demon in my middle match.  Things I knew already that I relearnt: Oracle of Mul Daya is a boss and Tidehollow Sculler taking your Harmonize when you have ramped up to four lands + Thran Dynamo and your hand is otherwise entirely Forests is a beating.  Should I have Harmonized first?

Probably only if you had seen the Sculler or other discard in a previous game. If not, probably best to play the Dynamo.

Thomas David Baker said:

I resisted until 5.30pm today!

I tried first picking Lotus Cobra and ended up in Mono G ramp.  Destroyed two of my opponents with early Woodfall Primus or Sundering Titan (never saw Plow Under) but was crushed by t4 and t5 Bloodgift Demon in my middle match.  Things I knew already that I relearnt: Oracle of Mul Daya is a boss and Tidehollow Sculler taking your Harmonize when you have ramped up to four lands + Thran Dynamo and your hand is otherwise entirely Forests is a beating.  Should I have Harmonized first?

Just 3-0'd a 4-3-2-2 with a pretty sweet Jund deck. Bloodbraid, Putrid Leech, Huntmaster, Living Death, Broodmate, Skullclamp and some planeswalkers.

Yes cube is back. Just went 3-0 with this pile:

I know, I know, Survival in the board, but I only had 9 creatures in my whole deck.

Best play was winning the finals with turn 3 Primal Command your land search for Acidic Slime. He conceeded straight away!

Next one, which I'm not so sure about:

Bleurgh, didn't even get a chance to play it. Mulligan to 6 game 1, draw no more lands. Mulligan to 5 game 2, and both my mana guys get Pyrokinesis on turn 3 to prevent my turn 4 Primeval Titan. Round 1 defeat.

Not as many enablers as I had hoped :(

Really not sure about the Sword. MIght stick it in

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service