Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

I'm not going to be there.  This is bad.

If you're tweeting let's have your twitter name here.

If you're not then make sure you get on here at some point at let me know what's going on.

I need to know!

First person to tweet "Gary is 5-0" or "Gary is 0-5" (if it's true) gets my undying love.  I don't care which way it goes I just need Lynch-based drama.

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

on a brighter note, Dan and me made Vintage top 8 today. he lost in the quarters and me in the semi's : )
This also happened to me in the sligtly less important setting of the saturday PTQ :(

That Ginger One said:
Started running appalingly at 7-3, couldnt draw or win for shit. In other news, tom is the unluckiest ever (paired down when he was an ID in + lock)
Apparently this is because of the same thing Andrew Buchanan complained about to the DCI recently, something about how it does final round pairings in a different manner to the rest.

Ben Titmarsh said:
This also happened to me in the sligtly less important setting of the saturday PTQ :(

That Ginger One said:
Started running appalingly at 7-3, couldnt draw or win for shit. In other news, tom is the unluckiest ever (paired down when he was an ID in + lock)
Anyone know the final team standings?
On the plus side, after pack warring with two of my 24 prize boosters yesterday, I opened a Primeval Titan in the next booster, and thought 'I guess I should stop there'.

Then after trying (not very hard) to sell the rest, I gave in and opened the rest just now. Highlights included;

Dragonskull Summit
Drowned Catacombs
Fauna Shaman
Obstinate Baloth
Baneslayer Angel (!)
Foil Baneslayer Angel (lol)
Yep, I was the player with the worst tiebreakers in the 15 point bracket. Apparently players in this position always get paired down to the highest player in the next point bracket (12 points in this case). Obviously that person is going to want to play because their breakers are awesome. The frustrating thing is that my first % number was identical to the person above at 52.7778%! but I lost on the next metric (can't remember what they are).

Dan Barrett said:
Apparently this is because of the same thing Andrew Buchanan complained about to the DCI recently, something about how it does final round pairings in a different manner to the rest.

Ben Titmarsh said:

That Ginger One said:
1st Milton Keynes
2nd London
3rd Milton Keynes

Paul Hodgson said:
Anyone know the final team standings?
booo. Fuck milton keynes

I went 1-6 in the foil rotisserie (round robin) with a bye against gary who had dropped.
I went 3-1 in a Standard tournament yesterday with Pyromancer Ascension.

t2 Duress take your Pyromancer Ascension, t3 Pulse your Pyromancer Ascension, t4 Thought Hemorrhage for Pyromancer Ascension is pretty brutal. But I like the deck. Taking 12 extra turns against a guy whose $70 card is sitting on top of his library face up thanks to Oracle of Mul Daya ready to be drawn but never to be drawn is pretty sweet.
Remember when I made a Pyromancer Ascension deck for the post-Zendikar league and you said I was an idiot?

Thomas David Baker said:
I went 3-1 in a Standard tournament yesterday with Pyromancer Ascension.

t2 Duress take your Pyromancer Ascension, t3 Pulse your Pyromancer Ascension, t4 Thought Hemorrhage for Pyromancer Ascension is pretty brutal. But I like the deck. Taking 12 extra turns against a guy whose $70 card is sitting on top of his library face up thanks to Oracle of Mul Daya ready to be drawn but never to be drawn is pretty sweet.
yes but u didnt have access to call to mind, preordain or mana leak. ascension was rubbish before m11!
True. Naya Charm and Reborn Hope just weren't the same as having the recursion card in the same colour as Time Warp.

Amar Dattani said:
yes but u didnt have access to call to mind, preordain or mana leak. ascension was rubbish before m11!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service