Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

Dan Royde 8-1 at the end of Day 1.

Anyone else we know representing?  Dan told me that a group of British players that were Q'ed for the PT were doing the GP+PT thing in Pennsylvania but I didn't see any familiar names in a quick scan.  And of course they are all marked as being from the USA because dailymtg.com is ... not always brilliant.

Views: 725

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

x 4 :(

What does Top 64 do for his Pro Points etc.

I really need to figure out how this system works!

nvm, couldn't sleep, dan is 11-4 :(

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Events.aspx?x=mtg/event/grandprix/...

Amar Dattani said:

What does Top 64 do for his Pro Points etc.

I really need to figure out how this system works!

I think he is JUST out of reach for top 32...

46-32 = 14

32-20 (rank of person with worse tiebreakers 3 points ahead) = 12

Fingers crossed anyway

@ amar

Dan currently has 20 pro point (1 GP win and 1 Nationals win)

He will get a minimum of 4 more pro points from playing at worlds and the PT next weekend (although I would be disappointed with the english team if they couldn't get him at least 2 more)

This means he is level 3, with 24 points. The real point where you become a "pro" is level 4, or 30 pro points. This means he needs to make up 4 pro points somewhere. He will get 1, possibly 2 from this GP (unless he loses the last round... THAT would be miserable to lose the last 3 to finish out of money). Leaving 3 more pro points to earn...

When is the "end of the year" for Dan's Pro Points?  November 20th end of Worlds?  Calendar year?  (Is that the same thing?)
Pete is kinda wrong. Its 20 points for lvl 4,  25 for 5 30 for 6 and then +10 = level up. He is already a real pro ;)

Cheers Peter. So he needs an additional 3 points from either the PT next week or Worlds.

Very do-able. Go Rager!

EDIT: Just read Ginger's post. If that's true then then I guess Dan will probably be a Level 5, maybe 6 next season. Wow

looks like dan made 67th :(

http://twitpic.com/6csc4b

he lost his last 3 games, when a draw would have got top 64....

why did noone in Pittsburg tell Dan to draw... it was clear he couldn't make top 32... UK contingent have a lot to answer for here... just bad advice in general....

@Charlie: when did they change the structure... it's been a long time since I had pro points :P

sigh... almost reminds me of gp brussels where I lost my last 3 to finish 68th because noone told me that I was supposed to draw....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service