Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

They just announced it (?) on the WMC feed.

Views: 1391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sealed is best, as less people will want to play and then we can just cube all weekend instead!

sad indeed but a trip to holland looks on the cards in March

+1

Simon O'Keeffe said:

Sealed is best, as less people will want to play and then we can just cube all weekend instead!

Truly astute.

Simon O'Keeffe said:

I like Sealed!

Man, WotC love San Diego.

The building part of Team Sealed seems like it would be fun.  I'm up for Ross's test run when I'm back in the UK (less than 2 weeks).

Sealed for London is *right after* the release of Gatecrash.  So those worrying that Sealed is not skill-testing enough - you will be able to use your superior deckbuilding skills to put you into Day 2.

This is the problem!

I do not possess superior deck-building skills, so was hoping it would be Modern/Legacy so I could practise my way to success!

Thomas David Baker said:

Sealed for London is *right after* the release of Gatecrash.  So those worrying that Sealed is not skill-testing enough - you will be able to use your superior deckbuilding skills to put you into Day 2.

I know they probably won't get this set anywhere NEAR the quality of Ravnica for limited play (I think Rav was the last set before the power creep really went off the charts) but if they do, I'd be more than happy with Sealed... Sealed Rav (and RDS) were actually pretty good formats, and the "bomb" rares and mythics were far less prevalent... I'd play sealed Rav every week for a long time without getting bored.

And draft? I'm not sure if I could EVER get bored of Rav draft.

can we arrange an RGD drafto plz

I am going to print up a bunch of RAV/GPT/DIS cards before I come back.

I am thinking that Sunday 23rd September we need to have a giant Sealed or mini Master or something with those cards.  (The weekend before the RTR prerelease.)

Something like ... start with 6 RAV packs, after 3 rounds add 6 GPT packs, after 3 rounds add 6 DIS packs.  12pm-9pm in Penderel's Oak.  Or we can just do three unrelated drafts.  Or ... something like that?

(We could use real packs if anyone has any and save a whole lot of printing and chopping and sleeving, although boxes of RAV are 280 GBP on Magic Madhouse AND out of stock ...)

I actually have one of every card in RAV printed and sleeved already from some Sealed/Winston I have been playing over here.

Thoughts?

I have 1 complete draft set of RGD, but nowhere near enough for something on the scale you are suggesting Tom :-)

Once you are building a deck out of 18 packs I'm not even sure what those games would be like, something like the Xmas Ironman I imagine, where you basically have a constructed deck.

Could always order a bunch of RGD from Madhouse based on attendance! Though booster boxes are sold out at stupid prices, you can get 25 'random' cards (1 rare, 4 uncommon & 20 commons) for 1.99. You'd be guaranteed not to get any money rares (i.e. dual lands), but at less than £6 per person it would be a super-cheap option for drafts whilst still getting to use real cards.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service