Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

Where: County Hotel
When: Monday July 5th 6pm (probable)
What: See Below

* You design and submit 45 Magic cards in Magic Set Editor format by Friday 2nd July to bakert@gmail.com
* I print them, or you can if you have the facilities.
* On Monday 5th evening we cut them up, sleeve them and draft them.  (It was pretty boring cutting and sleeving 360 cards last time ... I'll bring a few pairs of scissors and we should be able to do it fairly swiftly prior to the draft.  I made the start time 6pm to allow for this.)
* What can possibly go wrong?

If you want to participate, sign up below.  I'm not particularly interested in limiting it to 8 and would rather include everyone who wants to be included, although possibly interest level is not enough to take us above 8.

Draft A - Color Centric
1. Thomas David Baker (mostly Black)
2. Kieran "Call Me Lola" Symington (mostly Red/White)
8. Gary Lynch (extra Blue)
11. Glenn Goldsworthy (mostly Green)

Draft B - Balanced Sets
9. Simon O'Keefe
13. Warren Vonk
3. Thom Richardson

Not Assigned
4. Ross Miles
5. Ben Titmarsh
6. Daniel Royde
7. Dan Barrett
10. Ed Gamble
12. Rik Powell
14. Paul Hodgson
15. Benjamin Lei

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OK my US trip is final. I'm out June 28 to July 16. Then I'm in Iceland July 19-23.

There are three options:

(1) Someone else becomes "Dad" and takes in all the sets and does the printing. (I will make available my program that takes the MSE-exported images and turns them into pages of 9 proxies.)

(2) You all get your sets to me by Sunday morning, I print them and post them to the most responsible adult participating.

(3) You wait for me to get back.

I think you should go ahead and do this without me. Pipe up if you have a color printer and/or a strong opinion about whether Sunday morning is a do-able deadline.
I can certainly have my cards done by Sunday. I could play the role of resposible adult although I do not have access to a colour printer.

Thomas David Baker said:
OK my US trip is final. I'm out June 28 to July 16. Then I'm in Iceland July 19-23.

There are three options:

(1) Someone else becomes "Dad" and takes in all the sets and does the printing. (I will make available my program that takes the MSE-exported images and turns them into pages of 9 proxies.)

(2) You all get your sets to me by Sunday morning, I print them and post them to the most responsible adult participating.

(3) You wait for me to get back.

I think you should go ahead and do this without me. Pipe up if you have a color printer and/or a strong opinion about whether Sunday morning is a do-able deadline.
I have one card left to design, so I should be done by Sunday too. Though if we're moving the deadline forwards why don't we just do the thing next week? Sure, there may be a good match on that evening, but we can always relocate to the bar for the actual games. Otherwise you won't get to play and our colour-centric draft won't have enough black cards in it...
I should probably say that I haven't done anything about this yet... :s
I'm literally flying on Monday. Sorry!

Kieran Symington said:
I have one card left to design, so I should be done by Sunday too. Though if we're moving the deadline forwards why don't we just do the thing next week? Sure, there may be a good match on that evening, but we can always relocate to the bar for the actual games. Otherwise you won't get to play and our colour-centric draft won't have enough black cards in it...
Another option is to delay until your return?

It just won't be the same without you!!
+1

Warren Vonk said:

+1

Warren Vonk said:

+1

i'm away 22-26th of july

Ben Titmarsh said:
+1

Warren Vonk said:

So now that Mr Baker should be back very soon, are we ready to start organising this again?
+1111111

sokeeffe said:
So now that Mr Baker should be back very soon, are we ready to start organising this again?
I'm actually only in the UK until Mon Aug 2. And I'm busy at the weekend.

Are we prepared to pay (~4 quid each???) in order to be allowed to do this at the Games Club one night this week? We can't really take 16 players away from the draft on a normal club night.

Also, do people have cards ready to go? Because if not then this won't happen before I'm out of here I guess!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service