Demonic Tutor Constructed Leagues do not take place at set times. Instead they are played whenever two players from the league can get together. They are slightly formalized versions of casual games with a bit more at stake (Boosters! Honor! Glory! Your name in lights!)
Here are the rules for Season Two which will be in the Legacy format ...
- Decklists must be registered with firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 11th Septmber 2009. All normal rules apply about deck sizes, etc.
- Matches are untimed.
- You may play any other player in the league at any time.
- You may only play any given player in the league once.
- Match results must be reported to email@example.com
- Matches up to and including Friday 5th October count for points. The league will then end and a winner will be declared.
- Matches may be played on MTGO or MWS if both participants agree.
- Any number of proxies are allowed. They must be full-size versions of the cards not simply names or altered basic lands. They can be color or black and white. (If you don't have access to a printer and need some proxies let me know.)
- 3 points will be awarded for a win.
- In the event of a tie on points the player who has played more matches will appear higher in the standings, to encourage maximum participation. After that the split will be on "games won" (not goal difference).
- Entry fee is a single booster pack. Prizes will be given out as follows:
- 1st place: Half of all booster entry fees, rounded up.
- 2nd place: Two thirds of the remaining boosters, rounded down.
- 3rd place: All remaining boosters.
- Wizards Play Network promos will be awarded for 1 "WPN point" where each match played gains 0.1 points and each match won gains 0.1 points for a maximum of 0.2 per match.
With 4 entrants -
1st ... 2 boosters
2nd ... 1 booster
3rd ... 1 booster
With 10 entrants -
1st ... 5 boosters
2nd ... 3 boosters
3rd ... 2 boosters
With 23 entrants -
1st ... 12 boosters
2nd ... 7 boosters
3rd ... 4 boosters