Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

Me, Dan and Warren looking for a 4th room-sharer for Rome.

We are looking to get a room in the same hotel as Amar, Tom B, Steve and Kieran. Dan says with a 4th person this works out at 30 (pounds Dan?) a night. The hotel is within spitting distance of the venue.

Tom (being the organisational master that he is) has also booked his flights leaving at 16:50 on the wednesday and coming back at 20:55 on sunday. If you are prepared to take a small suitcase as hand luggage, this flight works out around £115.

Thus making the total cost around £240ish.

Both Warren and I need to confirm we can get the time off work, but that aside this is a go-er. Any takers?

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where did you book this flight - have you got a link?

Ben Titmarsh said:
Fuck yeah dude! I can wire you the money straight away.

Dan Barrett said:
Change of plan - just spoke to Martin, he's in.

I'll book hotel now? Hopefully it's pay on arrival so i don't have to rack up £600 on my credit card!
easyjet
Yeah just the official site

www.easyjet.com
You guys got MSN? Would make this easier

ben.titmarsh@hotmail.co.uk
No msn at work i'm afraid. :'(

Also, good and bad news:

- the link to hotel Tom gave said they were fully booked, but...

- i looked elsewhere and found another site with a 4-bed apartment at the same hotel, but...

- it's slightly more money (£180 each as opposed to £150), however...

- at least we have an apartment booked, it's not much more, and if you can get somewhere cheaper in the meantime, i can change/cancel this reservation with no charge up to 48 hours beforehand.
Wow, this has shot up in price. £160 for the flight and £180 for the room....... oh well, its gonna be awesome!
Wow that is expensive TBH.

Is £180 really the cheapest we can get?

I understand the reservations about booking something further away from the venue, but a Taxi each day split between 3 will not be expensive.

Don't forget all the money we'll be blowing to play events, food etc. It feels like this outting could approach the £500 mark?
Yeah, if we can get somewhere cheaper in the same district, that might be preferable. Apparently it's the EUR business district of Rome that we want to be in.
By all means have a look and report back, but i couldn't find anywhere else in the EUR district, and the best i could find further out was a much less nice 30E/person/night hostel 3.5km away. Is not a cheap city, i think!

Ben Titmarsh said:
Yeah, if we can get somewhere cheaper in the same district, that might be preferable. Apparently it's the EUR business district of Rome that we want to be in.
I'm happy with £30/night hostel TBH, considering we'll be spending most of our time in Rome at the venue - I just feel shelling out for a nice hotel isn't worth it, as we're literally just sleeping there, and most likely just a few hours a night!!

3.5km is nothing. Taxi charges are 9 Euros per kilometre, divided by 4 people. I mean, you know, that's cheap as hell.

Hmm..

So, hostel = £120 each, and hotel = £180?

Dan Barrett said:
By all means have a look and report back, but i couldn't find anywhere else in the EUR district, and the best i could find further out was a much less nice 30E/person/night hostel 3.5km away. Is not a cheap city, i think!

Ben Titmarsh said:
Dan - is it Martin Dingler or Cullarn?
For the sake of the hassle, my opinion is that the extra £60 is worth it. This place is literally next door to the venue, and it's the same place as all the other guys. Plus there will be inevitable problems where we can't get a cab there and miss and event or can't get one at 2 in the morning, or we don't all want to leave at the same time making it more expensive.

Warren Vonk said:
I'm happy with £30/night hostel TBH, considering we'll be spending most of our time in Rome at the venue - I just feel shelling out for a nice hotel isn't worth it, as we're literally just sleeping there, and most likely just a few hours a night!!

3.5km is nothing. Taxi charges are 9 Euros per kilometre, divided by 4 people. I mean, you know, that's cheap as hell.

Hmm..

So, hostel = £120 each, and hotel = £180?

Dan Barrett said:

Ben Titmarsh said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service