Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

Anyone going to Amsterdam (Sep 3-5) and/or Gothenburg (Aug 28-29, weekend after Nats)?

Jason is working both.  Paul H is going to Gothenburg as he won the GPT on Saturday.

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll be in Gothenburg as Jason's paid for my flight already, haven't sorted accommodation yet but looks like there are a couple of good hostels in the city that are cheap.

Andy Buchanan said:
Hi Dan,

OK no worries. It seems to be easy to get to Goteburg, but tricky to get back. Hmmm... maybe Amsterdam instead.

Cheers
Andy

Daniel Royde said:
I'm afraid I've since ditched the idea. I do intend to do bochum though!
Good luck! Andy Buchanan said:
I am going to Gothenburg having got the byes. The last time I was there many years I was shafted in my professional work by the machiavellian IT department of Volvo Corporation. Rascals! So hope for a better result this time. Prolly not going to Amsterdam, since I will be taking holiday the two previous weeks.

Daniel Royde said:
Is anyone else currently planning to Gothenburg?
I am still intending to, but I haven't bought tickets etc yet.
I'm having a slightly longer trip, heading out Thursday evening and back Tuesday evening - Gothenburg is meant to be really nice so thought I'd take advantage and find some random swedes to go drinking with!

Andy Buchanan said:
Hi Paul,

So what flights are you getting? I had forgotten that Monday is a bank holiday, which eases the travel somewhat? I am thinking of Friday a.m. arriving about noon, then back early on Tuesday morning in time for work.

Cheers
Andy

Paul Hodgson said:
I'll be in Gothenburg as Jason's paid for my flight already, haven't sorted accommodation yet but looks like there are a couple of good hostels in the city that are cheap.

Andy Buchanan said:
Hi Dan,

OK no worries. It seems to be easy to get to Goteburg, but tricky to get back. Hmmm... maybe Amsterdam instead.

Cheers
Andy

Daniel Royde said:
I'm afraid I've since ditched the idea. I do intend to do bochum though!
Good luck! Andy Buchanan said:
I am going to Gothenburg having got the byes. The last time I was there many years I was shafted in my professional work by the machiavellian IT department of Volvo Corporation. Rascals! So hope for a better result this time. Prolly not going to Amsterdam, since I will be taking holiday the two previous weeks.

Daniel Royde said:
Is anyone else currently planning to Gothenburg?
I am still intending to, but I haven't bought tickets etc yet.
OK so booked Amsterdam flights (not doing Gotenburg).

Flying out Luton 30/08/10 @ 06.05am (!)
Flying back to Luton 06/09/10 @ 19.45

Staying with Dan and Nathan Wed - Sun night, anyone going any earlier. I know Jason will be there on Tuesday.
I wanted a bit more time to look around.

Now need to find a sweet extended deck (and a standard deck for Nats and Amsterdam LCQ)
Extended deck for what? Most of the side events appear to not be extended?

Check magic-league for ext decks, that RUG looks spicy
For when I completely destroy the LCQ and need a deck for the Pro Tour...

Dan Barrett said:
Extended deck for what?
Amar is stealing my idea!

I have an Extended deck made up but don't have a Standard deck yet.

Am I doing it wrong?

Amar Dattani said:

Dan Barrett said:
Extended deck for what?
It's OK Mills, there are 4 slots for the LCQ - I'm happy to let you have one of the remaining 3 available...

James Mills said:

Am I doing it wrong?

Amar Dattani said:

Dan Barrett said:
Extended deck for what?
Woot! Cheers mate!

Amar Dattani said:
It's OK Mills, there are 4 slots for the LCQ - I'm happy to let you have one of the remaining 3 available...

James Mills said:

Am I doing it wrong?

Amar Dattani said:

Dan Barrett said:
Extended deck for what?
What ext deck?

James Mills said:

Am I doing it wrong?

Amar Dattani said:

Dan Barrett said:
Extended deck for what?
Good stuff, I'm there from tomorrow evening until Monday, staying pretty close to the site. Will PM mobile if you want to meet up when you get there?

Andy Buchanan said:
I will be in Gothenburg - yippee! Friday evening to Tuesday morning, staying in the WotC recommended hotel.
For those attending PT Amsterdam, i'm hearing about a house party opposite the PT site on Friday night, pay 10 euros and the host will provide you with beers, and they are playing "Wizards Staff" drinking games.

Any interest? Think myself Amar + Nathan may go.
sounds like a fine plan batman, will be out from wednesday eve so am about for beer and shenanigans from then

Dan Barrett said:
For those attending PT Amsterdam, i'm hearing about a house party opposite the PT site on Friday night, pay 10 euros and the host will provide you with beers, and they are playing "Wizards Staff" drinking games.

Any interest? Think myself Amar + Nathan may go.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service