Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

naturally, spoiler available at:

http://mtgsalvation.com/avacyn-restored-spoiler.html

I'm going to hold off on the large volume of negative things that i obviously have to say for the time being. some basic observations:

• souldbond actually looks kinda fun in limited
  • miracle seems super swingy (eg 7cc/2cc time walk)
  • the flavour text is in line with other recent releases (ie fucking awful)

obvs the question really on everyone's minds is WHY ISN'T CUBE AVAILABLE ON MODO ALL THE TIME, but for the time being what do you think of the new set?

Views: 1085

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But, ghostway isnt available to my, obviously going to happen, white Standard  deck with loads of non-token creatures...

Any deck playing UR that doesnt have horrendous mana is going to play at least 1 lighthouse. It is also really good with Miracles because you get to draw on their turn and dump away the ones stuck in your hand.

Paul Hodgson said:

Lighthouse looks awesome to me, it's a better Nivix 

@thom - I think that as everything comes back into play at the same time it'll trigger for lots of counters everywhere. I think Ghostway is a better combo though?

Didn't consider the miracle option, yeah that seems good. Stick memory's journey in there to shuffle them back in :D (or elixir of immortality more likely...)

Thom Richardson said:

But, ghostway isnt available to my, obviously going to happen, white Standard  deck with loads of non-token creatures...

Any deck playing UR that doesnt have horrendous mana is going to play at least 1 lighthouse. It is also really good with Miracles because you get to draw on their turn and dump away the ones stuck in your hand.

Paul Hodgson said:

Lighthouse looks awesome to me, it's a better Nivix 

@thom - I think that as everything comes back into play at the same time it'll trigger for lots of counters everywhere. I think Ghostway is a better combo though?

Could there possibly be some sick ur planeswalker control deck?
4 tibalt, koth is pretty good, tamiyo and chandra, the firebrand. Mix that with tezzerets gambit, counters and miracles you could have a legit deck.
I'm certainly going to try it.

alright captain millionaire 13 planeswalkers!

(I actually played a deck with 13 planeswalkers once, it was the sickest)

i am definitely reviving super friends! Chandra, the Firebrand actually looks sweet with all these blink effects and that Zealous Conscripts card... that card is going to get a lot of players killed by their own titans and norns <3

Also it says "permanent" - so you kill steal and then ultimate a planeswalker, for instance!

yeah conscripts seems pretty fun, Word of Seizing + bash for 3 [+ planeswalkers exist] seems cray

What's the cost on conscripts? Should also be good with all the flicker effects that are being introduced too.

Also, anyone reckon there'll be any creatures with a miracle cost?

More likely a token maker

Paul Hodgson said:

Also, anyone reckon there'll be any creatures with a miracle cost?

confirmed no miracle creatures, but what Thom said is possible.

cavern of souls is totally busted.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service