Demonic Tutor

Magic: the Gathering in the UK

What do I play?

I'm thinking about GR Tron just because I have most of the cards and it beats Jund (does it?)  Seems better to spend 60 quid on completing that deck over 200+ for Affinity/UW and 500+ for Jund?  Just lose/hope to nut draw vs combo?

Anyone have 2 Karn Liberated and 4 Oblivion Stone they want to trade?

What are you guys going to play at Chesham?

Views: 645

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Quite possibly yes. This was what they had after 20 mins fixing an awful list someone else had posted, so still room for improvement.

This looks fun too, though it is probably worse than just burn 

Boros landfall - http://mtgpulse.com/event/11469#159578

That is basically exactly the same deck Lovett and I played to multiple PTQ top 8's a few years ago. Unfortunately I don't think it is good enough to actually win the envelope. It struggled vs Big Zoo back then, so I'm guessing Jund isn't an easy game either.

Dan Barrett said:

This looks fun too, though it is probably worse than just burn 

Boros landfall - http://mtgpulse.com/event/11469#159578

Indeed, skirting their removal by just playing burn spells instead of creatures is probably preferable.

I should say that the deck was super fun, and killing people on turn 3 was always surprising, for them.

That list should definitely have some Flagstones of Trokair and Ghost Quarters instead of crappy Boros Garrisons

Does the GWB deck play dredgers? I know the Levy list and the random Hedron Crab ones are good vs jund.

Daniel Waine said:

Which Vengevine deck are you talking about? I tried a GBW list and the only deck that I had trouble with was Jund unless I had a nut draw.

Louis Mackie said:

Decks with good g1 against Jund are RG, Eggs, Vengevine, Storm, Burn, Affinity, Martyr, Tokens

Oh definitely, like the Brozek build. 

Didn't you have the 7/1 enchantment landfall thing and squadron hawks at one point as well?

Simon O'Keeffe said:

I should say that the deck was super fun, and killing people on turn 3 was always surprising, for them.

That list should definitely have some Flagstones of Trokair and Ghost Quarters instead of crappy Boros Garrisons

Yup had Zektar Shrine, but never any Hawks. List I top 8'ed in Bristol is:

4 x Goblin Guide
4 x Steppe Lynx
4 x Plated Geopede
2 x Jotun Grunt
3 x Zektar Shrine Expedition

4 x Lightning Bolt
4 x Lightning Helix
4 x Searing Blaze
2 x Shard Volley
3 x Magma Jet
3 x Path to Exile

4 x Scalding Tarn
4 x Arid Mesa
3 x Sacred Foundary
4 x Flagstones of Trokair
4 x Ghost Quarter
3 x Mountain
1 x Plains

//Side Board:
2 x Jotun Grunt
3 x Smash to Smithereens
3 x Refraction Trap
3 x Volcanic Fallout
2 x Hells Thunder
2 x Aven Mindcensor

Can't find the top 8 list from Manchester, but I can't imagine much was different.

i spent most of last night playing twin against jund, robots and uw angel control. i felt that the deck was very strong. there were times when everyones resources were depleted but my top deck twin or kiki just gave me the 'opps factor'

im interested in BW tokens zealous persecution seems really good right now, kills tokens and other x-1's plus if twin tries to combo off with deceiver they make 0/3 copies instead. it gets access to path and hand removal too.

has anyone got a cool BW tokens list? or know of what thats put up a good result? i seem to remember one beating mono blue fae at a asian GP 

The list that won GP Yokohama looks pretty crazy to me ... 2 x maindeck Auriok Champion, 2 x Cloudgoat Ranger and no Inquisition in the 75 ... http://mtgpulse.com/event/8870#121620 ... but I never say never to Windbrisk Heights + Spectral Procession.

Could possibly sideboard or even maindeck Zealous Persecution in Doran/Kibler decks.

ZP TOO STRONK!

Also thanks Simon, think the Hawks were actually in you+Nick's Nationals list instead, whoops!

No it was something along the lines of:

4  Bloodghast
4  Deathrite Shaman
4  Gravecrawler
4  Lotleth Troll
4  Noble Hierarch
3  Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4  Tidehollow Sculler
4  Vengevine

4  Faithless Looting
4  Inquisition of Kozilek

I went 4-1 with this at a gpt beating Naya boom/bust,affinity, eggs and kiki pod but losing in twice to jund. Haven't had a chance to test it since but it did not feel well that matched against jund (this was messenger jund with maindeck charm though) but strong vs the others.

Louis Mackie said:

Does the GWB deck play dredgers? I know the Levy list and the random Hedron Crab ones are good vs jund.

Daniel Waine said:

Which Vengevine deck are you talking about? I tried a GBW list and the only deck that I had trouble with was Jund unless I had a nut draw.

Louis Mackie said:

Decks with good g1 against Jund are RG, Eggs, Vengevine, Storm, Burn, Affinity, Martyr, Tokens

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Thomas David Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service